Virgin Atlantic flight cancellation happens when the airline cancels a flight which was previously scheduled to operate. The airline can cancel a flight because of a variety of reasons like mechanical problems with the aircraft, extreme weather conditions, to name a few.
In case Virgin Atlantic cancels the flight, the travellers will be entitled to receive the refund or alternate travel arrangements will be made for them. In some cases travellers may also be entitled to receive compensation for some expenses which get incurred because of the flight cancellation.
Virgin Atlantic cancellation policy
If you have to cancel your flight because of any reason, then it is important for you to go through the Virgin Atlantic cancellation policy so that you don’t have to bear any sort of inconvenience just because you did not know about a particular thing. Let us have a look at the key features of the Virgin Atlantic cancellation policy:
- Travellers who have purchased a Virgin Atlantic non refundable ticket may request to get a refund of any applicable taxes and fees. But in this case, the ticket price itself will not be refunded.
- Travellers who have bought a Virgin Atlantic refundable ticket can make a request to receive the full refund of the ticket along with the applicable taxes and charges.
- In case a Virgin Atlantic flight is cancelled by the airline or delayed by a significantly greater amount of time, the Virgin Atlantic will usually provide travellers with the option to change their flight or request a refund at no additional cost.
Virgin Atlantic Cancellation Policy for Refundable Tickets
In case you have purchased a refundable ticket with Virgin Atlantic, and now you need to cancel your flight booking, then you may be able to request a full refund of the ticket price plus any applicable taxes and fees. Here you also need to know that bad weather or mechanical problems with the aircraft may not enable Virgin Atlantic to provide a refund or make alternate travel arrangements.
Virgin Atlantic Cancellation Policy for Non-Refundable Tickets
In case you have purchased a non refundable ticket with Virgin Atlantic, and now you need to cancel your flight reservation, then you may not be able to request a full refund of the ticket price. You may however, be able to request a refund of any applicable fees and taxes.
Virgin Atlantic Cancellation Policy for Basic Economy Tickets
Virgin Atlantic’s Basic Economy fare is a non-refundable fare that provides lower prices in exchange for fewer benefits and more restrictions. If you have purchased a Basic Economy ticket on Virgin Atlantic and you now need to cancel your flight, then you may not get the refund for the ticket price you paid. You may however be able to request a refund for any applicable taxes and fees.
Virgin Atlantic 24 hours cancellation policy
Virgin Atlantic has a 24 hours cancellation policy. This policy contains rules about what happens if you cancel your flight within 24 hours of making the reservation. Let us read about its features:
- The very first thing that you need to know is that Virgin Atlantic’s 24 hours cancellation policy is dependent on the country of origin. Virgin Atlantic introduced this facility of 24 hours cancellation policy to take care of the needs and requirements of its travellers.
- According to Virgin Atlantic’s 24 hours cancellation policy passengers may cancel a flight which they booked on Virgin Atlantic within 24 hours of making the reservation. If they do so, Virgin Atlantic will provide them a full refund of the cost of your ticket.
- This policy is applicable only when the booking was made one week or more prior to the departure date of the flight.
Virgin Atlantic Flight Cancellation Process
If you have made a flight reservation on Virgin Atlantic, but due to some unavoidable circumstances, you need to cancel it, then you need to go through the following steps for that:
- Go to the official website of Virgin Atlantic.
- Sign in to your account with your credentials.
- After signing in, you need to go to the Virgin Atlantic cancellation page.
- Then you need to find your Virgin Atlantic trip by entering your personal details, flight details and credit card details. After this, you have to click on Find my trip.
- Now, you have to click on the cancel button and your flight will be cancelled.
Alternatively, you can also give a call on +44208-638-7369 and get your Virgin Atlantic ticket cancelled over the phone. After getting your ticket cancelled, you can request a refund through email if you are eligible for it.
Virgin Atlantic Cancellation Fees
Virgin Atlantic has also prescribed a cancellation fee for the domestic as well as international flights. Virgin Atlantic Cancellation fee of $100 to $500 is applicable if ticket cancellation requests are made after 24 hours of making the reservation.
If you cancel your Virgin Atlantic flight within 24 hours of the scheduled departure of your flight, then you will be charged a fee of $100-$400 as a Virgin Atlantic cancellation fee.
Virgin Atlantic refund policy
Mentioned below are the key features of Virgin Atlantic refund policy:
- Tickets which have been purchased within 24 hours of departure and more than a week in advance are fully refundable according to the Virgin Atlantic refund policy.
- Tickets purchased on Virgin Atlantic in Basic Economy are not refundable under any circumstances. There is only a 24 hour cancellation window.
- Depending on the region from where the customers purchased the flight, different Virgin Atlantic refund rules will be applicable.
- Refunds on credit cards will be processed in 7-10 business days. On the other hand, payments which have been made through debit cards and other payment methods might take 20 business days.
Here are the steps you need to follow to get Virgin Atlantic refund:
- Go to the official website of Virgin Atlantic, www.virginatlantic.com.
- Sign in to your Virgin Atlantic account with your credentials.
- After you sign in, the home screen will be displayed in front of you.
- You now have to search for the refund options.
- You need to select the Virgin Atlantic refund option.
- You have to specify the information on your ticket.
- You have to upload any Virgin Atlantic Flight supporting documents which you may have.
- Confirm by pressing the button.
After you confirm your refund process, your refund will be processed in 7-10 business days in case of credit cards and in case of cash, your refund process might take 20 days.
This was all about the Virgin Atlantic cancellation policy. We hope that you are now clear about the Virgin Atlantic cancellation policy, Virgin Atlantic refund policy and other related aspects. If there is still any doubt in your mind then you can go to the official website of the airline and read about everything in detail. Alternatively, you also have the option to give a call to the customer support team of the airline and get your queries solved. You can talk to the customer support team about Virgin Atlantic flight change, Virgin Atlantic Manage Booking, Virgin Atlantic cancellation policy or any other such thing to have more clarity. The customer support executive of the airline will assist you and will make you understand everything. If you are facing any problem, then the customer support executive will do his best to get your issue resolved as soon as possible, without you having to go through any type of inconvenience.