- Cancellation Policy
- Rules For Flight Cancellation
- Covid Cancellation Policy
- Cancel Flight within 24 hour
- Cancellation Process for Refundable Ticket
- Cancellation Process for Non Refundable Tickets
- Risk Free Flight Cancellation
- No Show Policy
- Rebook your Ticket Using an E- Credit
- Refund Policy
- Frequently Asked Questions
The airlines have different policies most of which are for the safety and convenience of the travellers. It is important for people to thoroughly go through the policies of the airlines once, before they plan a trip and make flight reservations. Sometimes due to lack of knowledge, people miss out on good deals and offers and sometimes they have to go through some inconveniences. To prevent from falling into the trap of complexities and ruining your trip, make sure that you know all about the policies of the airline you are going to travel with.
One of the most important policies is the cancellation policy. In case you cannot carry on with your trip, the airlines provide you the option to cancel your reservation. We are going to discuss in this article Delta Airlines cancellation policy. If you are planning to travel with Delta Airlines then read the entire article to acquaint yourself with Delta Cancellation policy. We will be covering topics like Delta Cancellation Policy, Delta Refund Policy, Delta no show policy, Delta Cancellation fee etc.
What is Delta Airlines Cancellation Policy?
Delta Cancellation Policy informs the passengers about the process which they must go through in case they need to change their travel plans due to personal or business engagements. The Delta Cancellation policy is a customer centric policy that educates customers about how they can cancel their flight reservations without losing too much money.
Travel plans of customers can change instantly and Delta Airlines completely understands this. Keeping this fact in mind, the airline has kept the Delta Cancellation policy very flexible and easy.
One very important thing that you need to keep in mind about the Delta Cancellation Policy is that the tickets can only be cancelled prior to the date of departure. No tickets can be cancelled after you exceed the scheduled date of departure.
Here are the rules regarding the Delta Flight Cancellation Policy
- Delta cancellation policy clearly states that you can cancel by exercising the delta flight cancellation process. Please find below a table for Delta cancellation fee.
- If customers cancel their reservation within 24 hours of booking, then they can process cancellation without a cancellation fee. Passengers are eligible to receive a complete refund in this case. So if you want to avoid paying the cancellation fee, make sure that you cancel your flight bookings within 24 hours.
- Travellers who booked themselves in the flights originating from Korea are eligible for receiving full refund in the original form of payment. Only the Delta flight cancellation fee is deducted and the remaining value is refunded.
- A cancellation fee of 150 pounds is charged for cancellations of tickets that originate in Europe.
- A cancellation fee of 150 pounds is charged from Middle east countries and India, when the origin of tickets is from these countries.
- All flights need to be cancelled prior to departure.
- E credit value is applicable for non refundable tickets.
- Raise a refund request to cancel all refundable tickets.
Delta Covid Cancellation Policy
Following are the rules which are applicable to the Delta Covid cancellation policy:
- No change fee is applicable for cancellations as per the Delta Airlines Covid refund policy.
- All tickets can be refunded with the full amount being refunded in the original form.
- They can be used for the period of 1 year from date of issue.
- All unused tickets are also refunded in the non refundable tickets.
- All in flight services are generally suspended.
- Middle seats are kept occupied to follow the social distancing protocols.
- Social distancing is practised in upgrades as well.
- Services are reduced at sky lounges.
Delta Cancellation Process for Covid 19
Here are the steps for Delta Cancel flight for Covid 19:
- Open the official website of Delta Airlines on any web browser.
- Now enter the last name and confirmation number for reviewing the ticket details.
- Now click on change or cancel to process cancellation.
- Confirm the cancellation of Delta’s cancelled flight.
Once the cancellation is complete, a mail will be sent to your registered email address.
Delta 24 Hours Policy Cancellation Policy
There is a Delta 24 hours cancellation policy as well which enables the passengers to cancel their flight tickets within 24 hours of booking.
According to the Delta airlines 24 hours cancellation policy, all tickets cancelled within 24 hours are cancelled without a cancellation fee being charged. You can receive a full refund of all tickets being cancelled in this period.
In other words, if you have booked a ticket and soon after the booking you come to know that you will not be able to continue with your travel plans, then you immediately need to go to the official site and cancel your reservation within 24 hours. This way, you will be receiving a full refund without having to pay any cancellation charges. This period is also known as Delta risk free cancellation period.
Delta Airlines Military Cancellation Policy
Delta Airlines Military cancellation policy is designed especially for military personnel. If the military personnel cancels a flight due to their duty engagements they are always eligible for complete refund of tickets, as per the Delta refund policy. This is irrespective of the category of tickets.
How to Cancel Delta Flights?
In this section, we have discussed the process to cancel Delta flights. The process for cancellation of Delta refundable ticket and Delta non-refundable ticket, both have been discussed one by one.
Cancellation Process for Delta Refundable Ticket:
- Open the official website of Delta Airlines on your web browser.
- Visit My trips tab on the website.
- Search reservation to cancel the ticket and provide confirmation number and last name.
- Once the reservation reflects on your screen click on cancel ticket.
- Now click on confirm cancellation.
- Also raise a refund request on the official website so that you receive a complete refund in the original form of payment.
Cancellation Process for Delta Non Refundable Tickets:
- Open the website of Delta Airlines on any web browser.
- Now open My trips tab
- Enter confirmation number & last name.
- Click on cancel ticket.
- Once you confirm cancellation, you will be notified that ticket stands cancelled and you can convert the ticket into an E Credit.
Cancellation Process for 24 Hours Risk Free Cancellation:
As per the Delta Airlines cancellation policy, if any traveller cancels within the 24 hours of booking tickets, then that person will be entitled to receive the full amount, without having to pay any cancellation charges.
Here are the steps that you need to follow, to cancel your flight tickets within 24 hours:
- Open the Delta Airline Website on your web browser.
- Now open my trips tab.
- Enter confirmation number and last name.
- Click on cancel ticket.
- Confirm cancellation.
- Automatically the refund for the ticket will be processed and you will receive a cancellation mail on your registered email id.
You can also cancel your Delta Flight by calling the toll free number 1 (800) 221-1212. As you call on this delta number, you will be directed to a customer support executive. You can talk to him and ask him to cancel your reservation. You will have to share the necessary details with him and your reservation will be cancelled.
Terms & Conditions for Risk Free Delta Flight Cancellation Within 24 Hours:
There are some terms and conditions for risk free cancellation which you need to keep in mind, before you cancel your ticket within 24 hours of your booking. Here are some points which would give you more clarity on the risk free cancellation;
- All tickets need to be cancelled in 24 hours from the date of purchase.
- No cancellation fee is applicable.
- Refunds are received in the original form of payment.
- Follow the cancellation process to cancel your flight reservation.
- All flights need to be cancelled by midnight of the day.
- If you have purchased a ticket over the counter you are not eligible for risk free cancellation with cash.
- Risk free cancellation does not apply for travel agent tickets or paper tickets, award tickets or partially used tickets issued by the website.
- In case you cancel a ticket which was purchased with miles, then all the miles will be redeposited to your account easily.
- All fares and rules can change without notice.
No Show Policy of Delta Airlines
Delta no show policy is another very important policy which you need to be aware of. No show is a case where the passenger does not show up for travelling after making the reservations. Here are the key features of the Delta no show policy:
- All tickets for passengers who do not show up while boarding the flight and have not accessed cancellation or change of tickets will lose complete value of ticket.
- Delta Airlines will cancel all flights available in the itinerary.
- The basic economy tickets cannot be changed; they can only be cancelled.
How to Rebook your Ticket Using an E- Credit
In case you have cancelled the flight and received e-credit, then you must know that you can use that credit to book your next flight. Here are the steps to inform you how you can use your e-credits to book your next flight.
- Search for your E Credit.
- View and validate your E Credit.
- Select your E credit.
- Click on continue to begin your flight search process.
- Choose and review your flights.
Confirm your purchase.
- View your confirmation.
The entire process is similar to the usual booking process except the first few steps.
Delta Airlines Refund Policy
There are certain factors which you need to know about the Delta refund policy. Go through the points below to know all about the Delta refund policy so that you are absolutely clear about everything and there is no scope left for misunderstanding.
- Visit my trips and request a refund for an upcoming trip.
- Your trip will be refunded in the original form of payment.
- You can also refund your travel protection plan without claiming any premiums within 15 days of purchase of this plan.
- You can also check the status of your refund request if you have already raised it.
- All tickets can be cancelled within 24 hours of purchase without a cancellation fee being charged.
- You are eligible for a full refund for 24 hours of cancellation policy.
How do I Raise Online Refund Requests for Delta Airline Cancellation?
As per the Delta refund policy, you can raise an online refund request once you cancel your ticket. Here are the steps which you need to follow to get the refund, under the Delta refund policy:
- Firstly, Click on the raise refund request button.
- It will open a window which is pre-populated with your cancellation details.
You will now click process refund.
- All refunds are processed within 7 business days.
Remember that this is only applicable to refundable tickets. Unused portion of the ticket is eligible for a refund too. This means that if you have a portion of your ticket left unused, then it will be eligible for the refund as per the Delta refund policy.
After submitting the refund request, you can check the status of your refund request as well to know how much the process has been completed. You can either check the status of your refund on the website, or you can give a call on 8008470578, within the US and Canada and 4047155417, within Atlanta, Georgia or anywhere outside of the U.S. and Canada.
The airline tries its best to complete the refund process as soon as possible, after completion of the Delta cancel flight process. After processing, the refund may take two cycles of billing to be visible on your credit or debit card statement. In case of e-credits, they will be visible on your account on the website of the airline.
In case you have paid for the tickets by cash or check and then cancelled the reservation, then after the completion of the Delta cancel flight process, the refund will be given to you in the form of a check approximately within 20 days of receiving the refund request.
Remember that international refunds may take more time because of local banking formalities and procedures.
FAQs | Delta Flight Cancellation
Ans. You have two options to check your refund status. You can either check the status of your refund on the website, or you can give a call on 8008470578, within the US and Canada and 4047155417, within Atlanta, Georgia or anywhere outside of the U.S. and Canada.
Ans. No show is a case where the passenger does not show up at the time of departure of flight after making the reservations. All tickets for passengers who do not show up while boarding the flight and have not accessed cancellation or change of tickets will lose complete value of ticket.
Ans. If you want to rebook your flight using e-credits, then here is the process that you need to follow:
Search for your E Credit.
View and validate your E Credit.
Select your E credit.
Click on continue to begin your flight search process.
Choose and review your flights.
Confirm your purchase.
Ans. Yes, some tickets of Delta airlines are refundable but not all. If you cancel your reservation within the Delta 24 hours cancellation period, then your full amount will be refunded and you will also not be charged any cancellation charges. Otherwise, if you purchased a Delta refundable ticket, then also you will receive the full amount of your ticket.
Ans.The airline tries its best to complete the refund process as soon as it can, after the cancellation process has been completed. After processing, the refund may take two cycles of billing to be visible on your credit or debit card statement. In case of e-credits, they will be visible on your account on the website of the airline.
Ans. All refunds depend on the ticketed fare rules, your itinerary stands canceled when the refund request is processed. All passengers receive refundable amount within 7 business days. It takes 2 to more billing cycles to appear in your credit card and debit card statement. Few tickets are converted to E Credits.
Tickets paid in cash form will be refunded to the passenger within 20 days of initiation. All international trips take longer to process.
Ans. To request for a refund for an unused ticket you need to call the Delta sales representative on 8008470578 within US or Canada. For other countries please call the local office of Delta Airlines in your country.
You can submit flight coupons and paper tickets to the Delta Airlines refund Department on the below address.
“Via U.S. Postal Service
Delta Air Lines, Inc.
P.O. Box 20537
Atlanta, GA 30320-2537″
Ans. You can convert the non refundable ticket to an E credit or get a new ticket reissued which is open for you to travel within the period of 1 year. For international travel the ticket needs to be for the same destination. In case an immediate family member or the passenger passes away the death certificate needs to be mailed to the mailing address of Delta Airlines refund department. The Basic economic ticket cannot be refunded.