- Flight Cancellation policy
- Covid-19 Cancellation Policy
- Cancellation Policy Due to Weather
- Cancellation Fee
- Cancellation Fee for Basic Economic Ticket
- Fee for Canceling Non-refundable Tickets
- Refundable Tickets Canceling Fee
- Cancel Award Flights Fee
- How to Cancel Your Flight?
- Flight Cancellation via Smartphones Using App
- cancel Award flights
- flight Cancellation Number
- Refund Policy
- Frequently Asked Questions
Air Canada is considered one of the affordable airlines in the world. It offers his passenger very flexible and affordable weather it comes to flight bookings or cancelling it. Air Canada provide the policies for the Air Canada Reservation and cancellation to provide maximum satisfaction to the passenger all over the globe. Cancel Air Canada Cancellations flight tickets is very easy to go on, with the 24-hour Air Canada Cancellation Policy provide a 100 percent refund to the passenger from Air Canada under the refund policy.
Air Canada is Canada’s major flag carrier by fleet size and passengers. The business is based in Montreal City, Quebec. Established in 1937, the airline operates regular and charter air travel to 207 destinations around the world for passengers and freight.
Now cancelling your Air Canada airline flight is easier, you can easily cancel your flight ticket under 24 hours from the time of the booking, passengers can easily go through the cancellation process and claim the full refund according to the Air Canada Cancellation Policy. Here are the few steps by following which you can easily cancel your Air Canada airline flight bookings.
The Air Canada Flight Cancellation policy dictates:
- The last you can cancel is 2 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
- You can’t initiate a refund request after more than 60 days. If not, you will only be eligible for a partial refund, irrespective of the fare type.
- A refund can take 20 business days to 3 months.
- Refunds will only revert to the original source.
- If you are an awardee of insurance compensation due to an Air Canada flight cancellation, you’re illegible to a refund.
- Any refund, after the initial booking period of 24 hours needs a separate request.
- No cancellation fee will be levied if the process initiates within 24 hours of booking.
- You can claim a full refund if the scheduled departure is 07 days or more from the time of cancellation. However, relevant cancellation fees will apply.
- In case of a no-show, the airline reserves the right to forfeiture of your travel funds.
- Any Air Canada flight cancellation rule applies only to the unflown flight segment.
Air Canada Covid-19 Cancellation Policy
The cancellation policy under the pandemic allowed for a full refund if the ticket was unused and booked before 30 April 2021 for travel by 30 April 2022.
The Air Canada Cancellation policy also relaxed a lot and allowed for unlimited change and cancellation until February 2022. Such as:
- No cancellation fee up to 28 Feb 2022, after that any changes will only include the difference in fare for one-time use.
- Any ticket can be canceled up to 2 hours before the scheduled departure.
- Any airline-initiated cancellation will deem a full refund.
Air Canada Initiated Cancellation Policy Due to Weather
The Air Canada cancellation due to weather comes into play during an airline-initiated cancellation. Under this policy, travelers are eligible for a full refund if the disruption was due to extreme weather conditions. However, there is also an option of changing to an alternate flight. If the flight was rescheduled and caused you to miss a connecting flight, then you may also ask for a full refund.
Air Canada Cancellation Fee
If you initiate the cancellation within 24 hours of booking, then you’re exempted from any fees. Otherwise, charges may apply depending on the itinerary, travel time, date, destination, and fare type.
Air Canada Cancellation Fee for Basic Economic Ticket
According to the cancellation policy of Air Canada, the Basic Economy tickets aren’t eligible for cancellation, unless it is done within 24 hours of initial booking. However, certain scenarios allow it, and it is dealt with on a per-case basis.
Fee for Canceling Air Canada Non-refundable Tickets
As the name suggests, these tickets do not qualify for a full refund. Thus, certain charges are applied when canceling Air Canada Non-refundable tickets. The base charge of $200 applies with cancellation, and the unused balance will be subject to future travel within 1 year.
Air Canada Refundable Tickets Canceling Fee
Refundable tickets are qualified for a full refund under the policy. But the same Air Canada Flight Cancellation policy claims that you have to initiate cancellation as soon as 7 days prior to the scheduled departure. Otherwise, a cancellation fee will be levied.
Cancel Air Canada Award Flights Fee
Any cancellation within 24 hours of booking is valid for a full refund with a cancellation fee depending on the fare type. And after 24 hours, an explicit charge will apply. In the case of Award flights, you will get charged $125 if you cancel the flight via the Aeroplan website and $150 if you cancel it through a contact center. However, the fee for Diamond members differ. It is $30 for online cancellation and $100 for offline. And lastly, Altitude Super Elite 100k members do not have to pay a cancellation fee. Another point to heed is that at the latest, you can cancel 2 hours before departure. However, you won’t get any refunds.
Air Canada Cancellations
Cancelation of flights is one of the most normal cases during your travel journey; what does unsafeness appear? But you should not care if you have bought your Air Canada flight ticket. Also, some cancellations, unlike others, are within our control, such as extreme weather, traffic interruptions during your journey.
Whatever the cause is, you would not be disappointed by the Air Canada Cancellation policy, regardless of the circumstances. Cases are where your flight has been postponed because of the weather; you should be aware of all the refund claims for delayed flights within Air Canada under the refund policy of air Canada. Some points will give you a better understanding of flight cancellation and their conditions.
Air Canada would be liable to schedule every airline if its Air Canada flight cancels, your flight for internal causes, such as bankruptcy, etc.
In situations such as bad weather or state emergencies, the compensation of Air Canada Cancellation program is one of the guarantees form the Air Canada under the cancellation policy, and they will not only compensate the passenger for the entire cancellation but will also repay you all discount coupons and a free meal pass, etc.
Any uncontrollable situation or death in the family, Air Canada will refund the whole flight ticket cost without any proof, unlike other airlines may ask you for numerous proofs to validate your claims, they provide easy and satisfying services to make a relationship with the passengers.
How to Cancel Your Air Canada Airline Flight?
Passengers can easily request for their cancellation of Air Canada airline flight tickets under the Air Canada airline cancellation policy. Still, if you are getting any trouble regarding the Air Canada cancellations, passengers can contact customer support, they will help you throughout the cancellation process. Here are the simple steps you can go through during the cancellation.
- First, go to the official Air Canada website.
- Now, you can either continue as a regular user or log into your AEROPLAN account.
- Logging into your Aeroplan account will allow you to view and edit all of your bookings at once.
- Thus, you can cancel your Air Canada flight by logging in.
- If you do not have an Aeroplan account, locate the My Booking tab on the home screen and click it.
- Now, you will have to enter the Booking reference number or the ticket number alongside the Passenger’s Last Name. Then click on find.
- After that, you will see a new page. On this page, your relevant pre-booked trip will be visible.
- Now click on the pre-booked trip to customize the flight.
- On this page, locate and click on Cancel flight. It will initiate the cancellation process.
- Then on the next page that loads, it will prompt you for information. And also inform you of the refund amount and the cancellation fee charged.
- Although, it will only happen if you initiate Air Canada flight cancellation within 24 hours of booking. Then the refund will be automatically processed. Otherwise, you have to, separately, apply for a refund.
- Click on OK to confirm.
- Any refund, if applicable, will be shown in your original source within 20 business days.
Air Canada Flight Cancellation via Smartphones Using App
Canceling Air Canada flights via smartphones is the same as the website. All you need to do is:
- First, go to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and search for the Air Canada app.
- Now download and install it.
- After that, go to the home page and click on the icon to run it.
- Then you can either log into your AEROPLAN account or use the “My Bookings” tab.
- Here enter the relevant information such as:
- Booking reference number/ticket number
- Passenger’s Last Name
- Now click on Find to initiate the search.
- From the list, select the pre-booked flight that you want to cancel.
- Now, on the editing page, locate the Cancel Flight link and click on it to initiate the Air Canada flight cancellation process.
- Then confirm the refund amount and cancellation fee, if any, and click on Proceed to finalize your Air Canada cancellation.
How to cancel Air Canada Award flights?
You can cancel Air Canada Award flights online or offline. We recommend online as it costs less. Follow these steps:
- First, go to the official Air Canada website and log into the Aeroplan account.
- Then click on My rewards.
- Here you can access your Awarded flight.
- Now click on it and then select Cancel flight. The page will show y our subsequent refund and cancellation fee.
- Click on Proceed.
- Lastly, the refund will be awarded to your Aeroplan account as points.
What Is Air Canada flight Cancellation Number
You can contact Air Canada flight cancellation customer service number (i.e. 1 (888) 247-2262 or
1-800-998-6716 to cancel your flight. They will offer you the right cancellation procedure, but also make your procedures easier by taking any risk-free cancellation on your behalf. Not only can they help you with all the necessary details you need, but Air Canada airline support service will also help you understand how Air Canada cancels a flight within or after 24 hours, regardless of the type of service booked or the type of flight tickets you have bought.
Air Canada knows that sometimes it’s too frustrating when it comes to having a trip cancellation process because the entire internet is full of information that not only changes but also incomplete information that has taken you to go nowhere. Air Canada always tries to make your life simpler as their Air Canada customer support will lead you through the online booking process, cancellations, exchanges, choice of seating, desires for meals, and many other facilities.
Air Canada Refund Policy
Refund of Air Canada Cancellations Program, in case you cancel your reservation because you are worried about refunding your flight fares from Air Canada. Here is enough information about your queries related to the refund policy of Air Canada. Here are full specifications of what you need to know about the Air Canada cancellation refund policy before taking any certain actions.
- If you have made your booking via the Air Canada official site or by phone with one of their agents, the cancellation or adjustment shall be made by the same means only.
- In the situation that you have booked your Air Canada flight reservation with some third-party travel agent, the cancellation of an Air Canada flight must be made online or on-line from the original point of purchase.
- If the passenger demanding a full refund of their flight ticket, then the costs must comply with the cancellation policy of Air Canada, as they must cancel their ticket within 24 hours from the date of the flight ticket booking.
- Air Canada’s 24-hour cancellation refers to refundable and non-refundable tickets.
How to Get a Refund for an Air Canada Flight Cancellation
The Air Canada Cancellation policy also mentions how to get a full refund:
- Any cancellation within 24 hours of booking will get a full refund.
- Only Refundable tickets are eligible for a full refund if they are canceled before 7 days or more from the scheduled departure.
- The flight was canceled by the airline.
- Under the Covid guidelines, any canceled flight between 30 April 2021 to April 2022.
- If you were denied boarding.
- If the flight was delayed for more than 3 hours.
- Flight cancellation of Air Canada due to extreme weather.
- And some special circumstances.
Initiate Your Air Canada Flight Cancellation Refund on the Website
The process is simple. Go to your Bookings and look for Canceled flights. Then apply for a refund. Remember:
- In most cases, the refund will be automatically made during the cancellation.
- If not, you will have to contact the customer care and ask for the refund request form.
You need to log in to the ‘My Travel’ section of Air canada.com. Keep the reservation six-digit and passenger last name handy. You will have your travel information in front of you on the next screen. The date of travel can be cancelled, revised, and changed even here.
Air Canada 24-hour cancellation helps with your flight cancellation and have a 100% discount immediately on the original method of payment, regardless of whether you book a refundable or non-refundable fare or an Air Canada domestic or international flight, whether it is the standard economy, Economy Flex, corporate or first class.
If you cancel your flight willingly for domestic or business purposes or if the flight of Air Canada is weather-cancelled, don’t stress! We have shielded you. We have covered you. Air Canada will either give you a full refund or if available, arrange the next flight with another carrier.
Yeah, but let’s cut off the clutter. You are liable for limited or no compensation within 24 hours. It depends solely on the sort of fare that you reserved. If you had preferred Simple Economic Equal, no refund on cancellation would be made. For the flex termination of Air Canada economies, there will be a partial waiver of the cancellation fee of USD 200 Air Canada. Both companies and first-class reservations will offer a partial refund.
The refund is immediately deposited in their approved form of payment on all bookings and cancelled online later. Any Air Canada reservations cancelled in 24 hours can take 24 to 48 hours to appear on your bank account with a bank statement payment in upcoming working days under the Air Canada Cancellation Policy.