Online booking sure is convenient. It is a self-service facility that not only saves time but it also empowers customers to experience customized changes at their fingertips. Today, owing to the expanding internet, most travel services, online or not, provide a platform for users to take charge of their itinerary. From railroads transports to waterways and airlines, everyone has embraced the advanced booking systems to proffer quality service. One such leading airline, American Airlines, has an exclusive online booking management system to make air reservations easy, fast, and hassle-free. Gone are the days of long queues. Use American Airlines Manage Booking service to customize your trip from wherever you want!
Why American Airlines?
American Airlines or AA is a major US-based airline that operates out of Fort Worth in Texas. It is the world’s largest commercial airline when measured by fleet size, passengers carried, and revenue passenger mile. AA, with its regional partners and affiliates, operates an extensive network of 6800 flights per day, both domestic and international combined. Statistically, American Airlines handles more than 200 million flyers annually. Thus, there is an apparent need for quality service to uphold such numbers. And AA does so by implementing numerous innovative policies. One of which is the much-lauded AA Manage My Booking service. The online booking management system has made planning a trip as easy as eating. And fairly speaking, you can always manage bookings on American Airlines while having a bite.
How to use American Airlines Manage Booking?
Customers use the American Airlines Manage My booking tool to book a new ticket or to manage a pre-booked trip. In either case, one has to go through the AA Manage Booking option that is available on the official AA website and its mobile Apps. Although those new to the online booking system can find themselves terrified of the notion, once you get your hand on it, you’ll find it convenient. New users can readily adapt to the American Airlines Manage My Booking service. However, if you have some concerts, you can always follow the steps detailed below:
AA Manage Booking via the official website
You can visit the official AA website to direct changes to your pre-booked flight reservations. All you need to do:
- First, visit the official American Airlines website.
- After that, you can either log into your AA account or use the RLC (Record Locator Code) to find your flight and continue as a guest.
- Although, we recommend logging in as you can employ the “My Trips” option to customize and manage AA booking.
- Once you have successfully logged in, click on My Trips to find your pre-booked flights.
You have to enter details regarding the flight, such as:
- First and Last name of the Passenger
Or Booking Reference Number (BRN) as mentioned on your itinerary.
Now you need to click on your flight and employ any changes accordingly.
These changes can refer to:
- A change in flights.
- Change seats/cabin.
- Purchase extra baggage allowance.
- Availing exclusive AA service.
- Redeeming miles.
- Once done, click on continue.
If there is a need for payment, the portal will forward you to the payment page.
After paying, you can print out your latest itinerary.
AA Manage Booking via a Phone Number
If you are unfamiliar with the website or do not want to use it, you can always book your flight over a phone call. Although, we have to warn you that flights booked by AA representatives, airport ticketing counters, or travel agents in certain countries are subject to a service charge. All you need to do is use the phone numbers available on the website to reach out to the airline agent, and afterward, they will help you with your reservation. To Manage booking or change flight easily , Contact American Airlines at 800-433-7300 or 800-998-6716
AA Manage My Booking via a mobile app
Yet another way to manage American Airlines bookings is to use the AA mobile app. This app is available on both Android and iOS platforms. And it can manage AA booking. All you need to do is:
- First, go to your mobile app store and search American Airlines.
- After that, download and install the app.
- Then go to your home screen and tap on the app icon to run it.
- Here, you can either log into your AA account or create a new account.
- Once you have successfully logged in, continue with these steps.
- First, go to the “My Trips” section.
- Here you can find all of your existing pre-booked trips.
- Now, to make changes to your flights, you have to locate them.
You can either use the RLC (Record Locator Code) or simply search by entering the First and Last name of the Passenger along with the Booking Reference Number.
- Once you have your desired flight on the screen, click on it to open the management tab.
- Here you can manage AA booking like – Changing flights, canceling or upgrading, purchasing allowance, availing service, etc.
- Once done, apply those changes by clicking on Continue.
- If a payment is required, make it and finally get your latest itinerary.
- You can also use the same app to make new reservations.
American Airlines Manage Booking via the airport
It is the traditional way to procure a flight ticket. All you need to do is head to an AA ticket counter in an airport and queue up. After that, you can engage the representative and buy/book your trip. Also, you can still manage AA booking even if you purchased the ticket offline.
Why use American Airlines Manage Booking System?
Many users are skeptical of the technology. They prefer the human touch in services. For them, it is necessary to understand the various benefits American Airlines Manage Booking system can bring to the table. Such as:
Benefits of the AA Manage Booking
Other benefits of AA Manage My Booking service are as follows:
- It saves time – you don’t have to line up to purchase tickets. You can easily book a trip from the comfort of your home.
- It is easy and personalized – You have total control over your itinerary. You can select your cabin, seats, and other facilities. You can plan and purchase tickets by comparing different dates and rates.
- Manage and upgrade services – You can control your AA account and manage your miles and other benefits.
- Easy cancellation and refund – You can cancel your tickets at your convenience and easily apply for a refund.
- Make group bookings – You can manage and make a group booking in one go.
- Edit/customize your trip – Lastly, you can change your itinerary when you want to.
Change my flight through American Airlines Manage My Booking option
Users can change flights through the AA Manage Booking option. But on the condition that these are not same-day flights. For same-day flights, there are a few rules to follow, and it can’t be done through the Manage My Booking on the American Airlines website. For these flights, you will have to contact the AA booking team, either by phone or at the airport.
However, for any other American Airlines flights, you can use the American Manage My Booking option. All you need to do is:
- First, go to the official AA website.
- You can either log in to your AA account or continue as a guest.
- However, you need to have your Record Locator code ready.
- You can find it on your itinerary confirmation slip.
- After you confirm the flight, go to the Manage Booking option.
- Then click on Change Flights.
- Now, from the list of available flights, click on the one suitable for you.
- Once you confirm your replacement flight, you will have to compare prices. If the fare is the same, only the flight change fee will apply. Otherwise, you will have to pay the difference if the fare is higher than your initial booking.
- After you confirm all the changes, you will head to the payment.
- Once you pay, you can print out your new itinerary.
Purchase Extra baggage for your American Airlines flight on Manage My Booking
You can use the AA Manage My Booking option to purchase extra baggage for your trip. All you need to do is:
- First, go to the AA website and log in.
- After that, go to the My trip tab.
- Here you can find your pre-booked flights.
- Click on the flight you want to edit.
- Then, from the tab, select Purchase Extra baggage allowance.
- Afterward, you can increase the allowance as per the airline’s policy.
- Then head to the payment menu for confirmation.
Select a seat through Manage AA Booking
Similarly, you can change/upgrade your seat via the American Manage Booking option. Follow these steps:
- First, go to the AA website and log in.
- Then under My Trips, select the flight you want to edit.
- Here, you can either upgrade your seats from the main cabin to business or first class.
- After you are done, head to the payment to pay the difference in seats.
AA Manage Booking Fequently Aasked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Can I change my airline ticket date?
Ans. Yes, by using the Manage AA Booking service, you can change your ticket date. When you change flights, select one with a new date.
Q. Can I call American Airlines to manage my existing flight with AA?
Ans. Yes, in case of a same-day flight, you can contact the AA booking staff to change the flight. For any other flight, you can directly change them from Manage My Booking AA.
Q. Can I change AA flights for free?
Ans. No, every time you change a flight, you incur a flight change fee. The difference in fare of the previous flight and the one you changed to also need payment.
Q. How late can you cancel an American Airlines flight?
Ans. It is best to cancel a flight two days before the schedule to get a full refund. Otherwise, you can also cancel it within 24 hours before the flight.