It is essential to know about the baggage policy of any airline before you travel with it. Most of the airlines today offer very liberal and generous baggage policies so that the travellers can carry all that they need with absolute ease without having to worry about the baggage.
|Emirates Airlines Baggage Fees or Charges|
|Economy||$15-$75 for all Domestic and International flights ($75 for oversized or overweight bags)|
|Business Class||$15-$75 for all Domestic and International flights ($75 for oversized or overweight bags)|
|First Class||$15-$75 for all Domestic and International flights ($75 for oversized or overweight bags)|
In this article, we will be discussing in detail Emirates Baggage policy. We will be covering points like Emirates Baggage allowance, Emirates Baggage policy, Emirates Extra Baggage fees, Emirates Baggage size etc.
So read the article till the end because we will be answering many questions of yours, and we assure you that after reading this article you will have a lot more clarity on Emirates Baggage policy. Let’s start reading!
What is Emirates Baggage Allowance?
Emirates Baggage Allowance is all about the rules which you are required to follow regarding the baggage you are carrying while travelling. The baggage allowance policy has rules for baggage size limit, baggage weight limit and all the other things which you are allowed to carry onboard. It also rules about the things which you are restricted to carry while travelling.
Emirates has tried to keep its baggage policy as liberal as possible. It indeed has certain restrictions, but those are either to ensure the safety of the passengers while travelling or because carrying above a certain limit is just not feasible for the carrier. Let us read in detail about the ‘Emirates Baggage allowance policy.
Emirates Carry On Allowance
In case of carry on luggage, the travellers need to keep in mind that all the carry on luggage must comfortably fit in the overhead bin or under the seat located in front. The carry on baggage is also subject to the following restrictions, which vary depending on class:
- In the case of Economy Class, one carry-on bag is allowed, the maximum dimensions of which must be 22in x 15in x 8in or 55 cm x 38 cm x 20 cm and the weight must not be more than 15 lb or 7 kg.
- For the passengers of First Class and Business Class, one briefcase and either one handbag or one garment bag is allowed. The maximum dimensions of the briefcase must be 18in x 14in x 8in or 55 cm x 38 cm x 20 cm. The maximum dimensions of the handbag must be 22in x 15in x 8in or 55 cm x 38 cm x 20 cm. The maximum dimensions of the garment bag must be 8 in or 20 cm. The total weight of the carry on must not be more than 26 lb or 12 kg.
Emirates Checked Baggage Allowance
The checked baggage allowance is not only different class-wise, but is also different for some destinations. Here are the complete details of the checked baggage allowance:
- For the passengers who are travelling to/from the North and South America:
- In case of Economy Class, 2 pieces are permitted, the maximum dimensions being
62 linear inches or 158 cm and weight not exceeding 50 lb or 23 kg.
- In case of Business or First Class, 2 pieces are permitted, the maximum dimensions being
62 linear inches or 158 cm and weight not exceeding 70 lb or 32 kg.
- For the passengers who are travelling to other destinations, they can contact the customer support team of Emirates or go through the baggage chart to have the precise details of the baggage policy for the destination they are travelling to.
Policy for Emirates carrying sports equipments
You are allowed to carry sports equipment with you, but they will be chargeable. The charges will be depending on the type of sports equipment, size, fragility and other requirements. To have more precise details, you can contact Emirates, or you can also visit their sports equipment information page.
Policy for Emirates carrying CPAP devices
CPAP or PAP devices are allowed to be carried onboard for use on flight. They are also not counted towards the carry on baggage limit, and therefore you don’t have to worry about the limit. You only have to ensure that these devices don’t exceed the size or weight limit which is approved for cabin baggage.
Policy for Emirates overweight baggage fees
If your baggage exceeds the weight limit, then you will be liable to pay the baggage fees. The baggage fees for overweight baggage is as follows:
- For any bag the weight of which ranges between 50-70 pounds or 23kgs-32kgs, the overweight fees are $50 USD.
- Any single bag, the weight of which is more than 70 pounds or 32 kg will not be accepted. So you have to make sure that your bag does not exceed the weight limit of 70 pounds or 32 kg, else your luggage will be rejected.
Policy of Emirates excess or oversized baggage fees
As per the Emirates extra baggage fees, if you are carrying bags which are more than what is permitted or your bags exceed the size allowance, then you will be required to pay excess or oversized fees. To have more precise details, you can contact the Emirates directly.
This was all that you needed to know about the Emirates Baggage policy. We hope that we were clear enough in explaining all that you needed to know about the policy. If you have any doubts about any issue like Emirates manage my booking policy, Emirates flight cancellation policy or Emirates change flight policy, then you can visit the website for more details, or you can also contact the customer support team of the airline.
As you call on the customer support number, you will be directed to a customer support person who will patiently listen to all your queries and will clear all your doubts. In case you are facing any issue, then the customer support executive will help you in resolving that problem.
Remember that before you plan to travel with any airline, you need to properly familiarise yourself with all the policies so that while travelling you don’t have to face any sort of issue. We recommend visiting the website and going through all the sections to read about all the rules, regulations and policies of the airlines. This is especially recommended if you are travelling with a particular airline for the first time because every airline has a different set of policies. So you need to go through them at least once and get in touch with the customer support team in case of any doubts.