Going through all the policies of any airline before you make up your mind to travel with it is very necessary for your own convenience. Baggage policy is one such policy which must never be missed while you are going through the website of the airline to know all the policies, rules and regulations.
It is important for travellers to know how much baggage they can carry with themselves, what should be the weight and size of the baggage, what are the things they cannot carry and what are the things they can carry but with certain restrictions.
If you are planning to travel with Turkish Airlines on an upcoming flight, then you should read the entire article because we will be discussing everything in detail about the Turkish Airlines baggage allowance, Turkish Airlines baggage weight, Turkish Airlines baggage fees and other related topics.
Read the complete article, and we assure you that as you reach the end of this article, you will be very clear about the Turkish Airlines baggage policy. So let’s start reading about the Turkish Airlines baggage policy.
What is Turkish Airlines baggage policy?
The Turkish Airlines baggage policy is all about the baggage allowance. The policy has weight and size rules which are to be followed while travelling with Turkish Airlines. It has been kept very liberal so that passengers can carry all their necessary things without having to worry about the weight. But there is a limit which needs to be taken care of. If the baggage limit is exceeded, the luggage will be rejected.
In the sections below, we have discussed the Turkish Airlines baggage policy in detail.
Turkish Airline Carry-on Baggage Allowance
According to the Turkish Airlines baggage policy, carry-on baggage or cabin baggage is any baggage the weight of which is 8 kg and the dimensions are 55 x 40 x 23 cm. The carry-on baggage can be carried free of charge, and every passenger is himself responsible for the safety of his carry-on bag. The carry-on baggage restrictions differ from class to class and are as follows:
- For those travelling in Business Class, 2 pieces of carry-on bags are allowed, the weight of each of them not being more than 8 kg and the dimensions not exceeding 55 x 40 x 23 cm.
- For the passengers travelling in Economy Class, one piece of carry-on bag is allowed, the weight of which must not be more than 8 kg and the dimensions must not be more than 55 x 40 x 23 cm.
- For infant passengers, which include children up to two years of age, one piece of carry-on bag is allowed, the weight of which must not be more than 8 kg and the dimensions must not be more than 55 x 40 x 23 cm.
- Suit covers, the dimensions of which are 114 x 60 x 11 cm, will be considered as cabin baggage. Duty-free items will be excluded from the implementation of cabin baggage regulations.
If the dimensions and weight exceed the limit, then the baggage will be considered as checked baggage.
Turkish Airline Checked Baggage Allowance
As per the Turkish Airlines baggage policy, the rules for checked baggage depend on the travel class and are as follows:
- For the ones travelling in Business Class, maximum 2 pieces of checked bags are allowed, the weight of each one of them not exceeding 32 kg and the dimensions of each one of them must not be more than 158 cm.
- For the passengers of Economy Class, maximum 2 pieces of checked bags are allowed, the weight of each one of them not exceeding 23 kg and the dimensions of each one of them must not be more than 158 cm.
- For infant passengers, which include children up to two years of age 1 + 1 collapsible baby carriage is allowed, the weight of which must not be more than 23 kg and maximum dimensions must be 115 cm.
Turkish Airlines Excess Baggage Policy
In Turkish Airlines, the free baggage allowance is as follows:
- For the passengers of Business Class, 30 kg of weight is allowed for adults and 10 kg of weight is allowed for infants. Baggage charge per kg is 12 Turkish Lira.
- For the passengers of Economy Class, 20 kg of weight is allowed for adults and 10 kg of weight is allowed for infants. Baggage charge per kg is 12 Turkish Lira.
- For the passengers of Economy Class, 15 kg of weight is allowed for adults and 10 kg of weight is allowed for infants. Baggage charge per kg is 12 Turkish Lira.
If you want to know Turkish Airlines extra baggage price, then you can check out the excess baggage calculator. The excess baggage calculator will let you know the amount that you will be required to pay depending on how much excess baggage you are carrying while travelling.
Turkish Airlines Lost, Delayed or Damaged Baggage
Turkish Airlines takes special care that your luggage reaches your destination safely without getting lost suffering any kind of damage. However, sometimes, due to some unforeseen circumstances, the luggage gets lost, delayed or suffers some damage. In case any of the following things happen to you:
- Do not receive the baggage at the end of the flight
- Receive your baggage in damaged condition
- Receive your baggage with missing items inside
- Receive your baggage late
- Forget your luggage or some of your belongings on the plane
If you ever find yourself in such situations, then you can go to the website and see the steps which you are required to follow for the disruption process.
In case you lose your bag or the baggage is not delivered to you at your destination, then you don’t have to panic. All you need to do is get in touch with the Turkish Airlines Lost and Found Office at the airport and file a complaint for lost baggage. As you file an application, you will be provided with a reference number for your lost baggage.
Remember that you need to keep the baggage tag and boarding pass with you for the further processes until your bag is found and returned to you.
For the baggage that is without baggage tag, the necessary searches will be made to identify the bag. Here, we would also like you to advise that while you are handing over your baggage to the attendants while check-in, make sure that a copy of baggage tag is given to you.
Here is how you can give an application to lost and found:
- You can either file a lost and found complaint at the airport at the Turkish Airlines Lost & Found office. You will be required to give the necessary documents while filling a complaint, and you will be given a report.
- Another way is to file an online application for baggage disruption notification and tracking. You can do this in case you left the airport without filing a complaint, or you had filed a complaint, but you need to apply for tracking your baggage.
In case the airline failed to deliver your baggage at your destination on time, then you need to file a complaint to Turkish Airlines Lost and Found Office at the airports. You will be receiving a reference number which will be generated on your name and then make an application via the airline’s page along with the documents related to the compulsory expenditures which you have made throughout the entire process of delivery. For all the necessary expenses, it is advised that you keep the documents like credit card slip, invoices etc. so that you can submit them during application.
You need to make this application in writing, within 21 days from the day on which you receive your baggage. Any application made after this period will not be considered. If your lost baggage is delivered to you in a damaged condition or some of your possessions are missing from it, then you can write to the airline with the report number
generated by the lost office of the airline for your lost baggage within 7 days after you receive your baggage.
Remember that the airline will not be responsible for the following:
- The airline will not be responsible for any damage done to your bag before the flight.
- Any problem that arises because of the poor manufacturing of your bag.
- If there is any discoloration or any scratches that might come because the bag is worn out or in relation to its use.
- Damages on the items of the bag which are defective from being used.
In case you forget your belongings on a plane or at the airport, then that will be your responsibility. You can contact us by filling a form to have information about your belongings. It would be more convenient if you send the picture of the lost item. More information may be requested depending on the item that is lost.
In case your belongings are unidentified, you can collect them from the airport offices, or they can be sent to you via courier but on the condition that you are ready to take the legal and material responsibility.
With this, we have reached the end of the article. We hope that this article was clear enough in explaining everything to you about the Turkish Airlines baggage policy, Turkish Airlines extra baggage price, Turkish Airlines baggage size, Turkish Airlines baggage weight and all the related aspects.
In case of any doubt you can visit the official website of the airline, or you can dial the customer support number. You can talk to the customer support team if you have doubts regarding any other thing as well. For instance, if you want to know about the Turkish airlines reservations, Turkish airlines cancellation policy or Turkish airlines flight change, you can talk to the customer support executive and get all your doubts cleared. The customer support is always instantly available for your assistance.