The unaccompanied minor policy on United Airlines is standard. So, for both price and perks offered for the unaccompanied minor service, you’ll want to evaluate and contrast this package with others.
What is the United Airlines Policy on Unaccompanied Minors?
- To use United Airline minor policy, children between the ages of five and fourteen must be travelling without an adult (someone over the age of 18).
- The United unaccompanied minor service ensures that the child is always looked after by professional ground employees and onboard flight attendants.
- The service begins at check-in and continues until an adult, such as a legal guardian or parent, picks up the unaccompanied kid.
United Airlines Age Policy: Unaccompanied Minor Service age limits
Both domestic and foreign flights are subject to the following restrictions:
- Children under the age of 5 arenot permitted to travel unless accompanied by an adult of at least 18 years of age.
- Unaccompanied Minors are children aged 5 to 14 years (inclusive) who are allowed to travel alone under certain circumstances. The special service for unaccompanied minors is necessary.
- For children aged 15 to 17, the Unaccompanied Minor Service is also offered (inclusive).
- When two or more children travel together, the more stringent age restriction will apply, for example, Even if a 10-year-old and a 16-year-old travel together, the younger traveller is still deemed an Unaccompanied Minor.
What are the flight limitations for the United Minor Policy
- Only United and United Express nonstop flights are eligible for the Unaccompanied Minor Service.
- For connecting flights, code share flights, and other flights operated by partner airlines, United does not provide Unaccompanied Minor Service as per the United Minor Policy.
United Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Fee
United airlines unaccompanied minor fee is based on a child pair rather than a single child. For both domestic and international flights, United charges the following costs for unaccompanied minors:
|Number of kids traveling
- Traveling with 1 to 2 children costs $150 each trip.
- Traveling with 3 to 4 children costs $300 each way.
- Traveling with 5 to 6 children costs $450 each trip.
- It would be double if the unaccompanied minor(s) had roundtrip tickets. As a result, two children going on a roundtrip schedule will pay $300 rather than $150 on a one-way itinerary.
United Airlines Age Policy For Unaccompanied Minors
- Unaccompanied minors, as defined by United, must be between the ages of five and fourteen.
- Unaccompanied minors are children under the age of five who travel without an adult who is at least 18 years old.
- A 14-year-old travelling alone without an adult over the age of 18 is in the age limitations.
- Travelers between the ages of 15 and 17 are allowed to travel alone, although they cannot be the guardian of a traveller under the age of 14.
- Anyone over the age of 18 can fly with a child aged five to fourteen, since they will not require United’s unaccompanied minor service.
- Unaccompanied minors must travel with a parent, legal guardian, or someone who is at least 18 years old if they are four years old or less.
- Passengers from 15 to 17 years old are also unable to travel as unaccompanied minors and must fly alone.
- Unaccompanied minors will not be escorted by United on any flights connecting with other airlines.
- Only United or United Express flights are available for unaccompanied kids. In addition, unaccompanied minors are not permitted to fly on United’s partner airlines’ codeshare flights or other aircraft.
- Unaccompanied minors are not permitted on United’s direct flights (a flight that makes a stop but does not change aircraft).
Seating Arrangements for united airlines age policy
- United wants complete control over the seat selection of unaccompanied youngsters, so they cannot make a prior seat selection as given in the United Airlines age policy.
- Only 48 hours before departure will you know where the unaccompanied youngster will be seated.
Separate Reservations Of Children And Adults Travelling Together
The youngster and the adult may be on the same aircraft, but they have separate reservations. If this is the case, United unaccompanied minor service will not be required for the youngster under the age of 14. To link the individual reservations, the adult only needs to call on United Airlines unaccompanied minor phone numbers +1-805-327-6858
How To Book A United Unaccompanied Minor Tickets
- When you enter your flight information and the number of passengers, you’ll see a variety of options for passenger age. Select the number of passengers in the appropriate age group and then press the search button.
- When you click “search,” you’ll be taken to the following page, which will show you United’s information on unaccompanied minors. It will next request that you verify the passengers’ ages. If the passengers are between the ages of five and fourteen, a united unaccompanied minor fee will be charged based on the number of passengers who are unaccompanied children.
- The United unaccompanied minor fee will be added to the total once you’ve chosen your flights.
- You’ll need to add two people to pick up the unaccompanied minor at both the departure and arrival airports when filling out the passenger and payment details.
- If the adult who will be dropping off or picking up the unaccompanied minor changes, you must call United Customer Service to update the appropriate details for the unaccompanied minor.
United Minor Policy – Leaving An Unaccompanied Minor Unescorted At The Airport
As per the united minor policy, Adding 30 minutes to United advised check-in and airport processing hours is recommended. That means that if you regularly arrive at the airport two hours before your flight, you need to allow an additional 30 minutes for an unaccompanied minor. When dropping off an unaccompanied minor, the adult must account for the following:
- Automobile parking.
- Using counters to check in.
- Document submission and verification.
- Obtaining wristbands for escorts.
- Passing through airport security.
- Getting to the airport in time for pre-boarding.
The adult accompanying the unaccompanied minor must present the following documents at the time of check-in:
- Photo identification is required (License, passport, etc.)
- Contact information (phone number and address)
- The adult who will meet the unaccompanied child at the location, including their name, address, and phone number.
United Airlines Minor Policy International Flights
An adult cannot accompany an unaccompanied minor to the gate on international flights departing from the United States. In this instance, you and the unaccompanied minor will be greeted by a uniformed united representative at the check-in counter. The representative will then accompany the unaccompanied minor all the way to the gate, passing through security and customs.
When travelling for some international destinations, you may be required to present supplementary papers for the child. For instance, you may be asked to provide a notarized letter including certain information such as:
- Names of the parents
- Name of the child and anyone accompanying him or her on the trip
- The absent parent’s notarized signature
- Dates of travel Destinations Airline
- Describe the purpose of your trip in a few words.
You may also be required to provide a copy of their birth certificate as well as a copy of their parent’s or legal guardian’s identification. As a result, it’s a good idea to receive the most up-to-date information on these unique requirements by contacting the nearest embassy or consulate.
Boarding of an Unaccompanied Minor
In most circumstances, the unaccompanied minor will be accompanied by an adult all the way to the gate. Adults must remain at the gate or at the airport until the aeroplane takes off.
- During the pre-boarding process, flight attendants will personally meet the unaccompanied kid.
- The flight attendants will also aim to make the flight as exciting as possible while simultaneously making it as frightening as feasible.
They will show the unaccompanied minor to their seat and assist with carry-on luggage, brief the unaccompanied minor on the aircraft’s safety features, point out the restrooms, and possibly invite the unaccompanied minor to the flight deck to meet the captain.
United Airlines Minor Policy During the Flight in the Air
- The fantastic part about united airlines minor policy is that the unaccompanied youngster is entitled to one free meal from the in-flight menu throughout the flight.
- This implies that the unaccompanied minor will have one complimentary premium food option from the menu to choose from throughout the flight.
- During the flight, a flight attendant will keep an eye on the child, but they will not be constantly monitored.
- As a result, you should make sure that your child is comfortable being left alone for a short period of time before allowing them to fly alone.
Pick-up of Unaccompanied Minor
The person picking up the kid must check in at the United ticket counter to receive an escort pass that will allow them to pass through security. This person must be at least 18 years old and have a government-issued photo ID.
Parents or guardians picking up an unaccompanied youngster should arrive at the gate 30 minutes before the scheduled arrival time, according to United.
United Airlines Manage Booking for Accompanied Minor
There may be some cases where you will be required to make changes or even cancel your United Airlines accompanied minor booking. Some points needs to be consider to manage your booking:
- There will be no refund of united unaccompanied minor fee.
- Some amount of united airlines cancellation fee will be applicable on all unaccompanied minor tickets.
- You can always make united airlines flight change using the United Airlines unaccompanied minor phone number.
If they are not accompanied by someone over the age of 18, United requires youngsters ages 5 to 14 to travel as unaccompanied minors.
The prices are $150 each way for 1 to 2 children. The prices are $300 each way for a family of three to four children. The expenses are $450 each way for a total of 5 to 6 youngsters.
You can always call on United Airlines unaccompanied phone number +1-805-327-6858 at any time of the year.
No, United will assign an unaccompanied minor to a seat, and you will be notified 48 hours prior to departure.
You will be required to submit the contact information for the person who will be dropping off and collecting up the minor kid. Check to see if the persons have a government-issued ID that matches their contact information.
Add around 30 minutes to the specified check-in times, according to United Airlines.
Adults cannot accompany an unaccompanied youngster all the way to the gate on international flights departing from outside the United States.
Yes, however keep in mind that for an unaccompanied juvenile to fly overseas, additional documentation is frequently required.
Yes, unaccompanied minors are permitted to board the plane during pre-boarding, which is the first group to board.