Lufthansa Airlines is one of the most popular airlines which is known for the top class flying experience that it provides by providing some of the basic and luxurious amenities in the most incredible way. The airline has made a place for itself in the hearts of its customers who are nothing but satisfied with their flying experience when they travel by Lufthansa Airlines.
If you are planning to fly via air any time sooner, then you can consider flying via Lufthansa Airlines. We have presented in this article a complete guide to the services provided by Lufthansa Airlines. In this article, we will cover topics like Lufthansa Customer Service, Lufthansa Booking, Lufthansa Seat Selection, Lufthansa Contact etc.
You can go through the entire article, read about everything you need to know about Lufthansa Airlines and, you will know why considering Lufthansa Airlines for flying is a great option.
Features which make Lufthansa Airlines a great choice!
Since a lot of appreciation has been lavished on Lufthansa Airlines in the previous section, let us know what are the features which make it worthy of that appreciation:
- The airline provides a WiFi power outlet which offers fast and uninterrupted access to the internet.
- Screens at the seatback.
- Spacious cabin which has wide leg space.
- Refreshments for the passengers of all classes.
- Reclining and longer seats which are perfect for longer journeys.
Services provided by Lufthansa Airlines
There are certain services provided by Lufthansa Airlines which contribute towards the brilliance. Let us know what those services are:
- Meals of your choice: Lufthansa Airlines treats its customers by providing delectable meals, if there is any change in the flight departure. So, when the flight departure changes, you don’t have to worry about spending extra on the meals, because the airline will be taking care of it. What makes this service even better is that you can have the meal of your choice. You won’t have to consume what you are given. The airline will be providing you with the meal of your choice. Also, if you are a member of a flyer programme, then you will be eligible for availing additional benefits.
- In-flight beverages: When you onboard the flight, the crew members will serve you delicious, refreshing beverages. The rounds of serving beverages will be even more, if you are covering a long distance. So, this service makes flying via Lufthansa Airlines an even more pleasant experience.
- Special assistance for the old-aged people: The airline makes sure that if there are any old aged people onboard, they travel comfortably and don’t have to suffer any inconvenience. The airline provides special assistance for the elderly travellers. For instance, the old-aged people can access the pickup service. The airline also makes it a note that they don’t have to wait in long queues for long hours. If the elderly travellers require any sort of special assistance, the airline readily provides that as well. So travelling with Lufthansa Airlines is not a cumbersome affair for the elderly.
- Free checked baggage: For those who are members of a flyer programme, they get a very good advantage of getting their bags checked for free. There are certain categories under which people can get their baggage checked for free, but the condition for that is that you must be a member of a flyer programme. So, the members of a flyer programme have an added advantage of getting their bags checked without having to pay any charges.
- Lufthansa Wi-Fi: Lufthansa Airlines provides smooth internet connection to its travellers at incredibly low prices through Lufthansa FlyNet, its Wi-Fi facility which allows travellers to stay connected to the internet just like they are connected to the internet at their home. So, whether you want to complete your college assignments online or you want to do your office work while you are on a flight, Lufthansa FlyNet has got you covered.
Lufthansa FlyNet can be availed at the following prices:
- €9 EUR/$10 USD for one hour
- €14 EUR/$15.50 USD for four hours
- €17 EUR/$19 USD for the whole flight
- In-flight entertainment: Lufthansa Airlines will not let you get bored while you are onboard. To keep you entertained throughout your journey, the airline has the facility of Lufthansa movies and Lufthansa TV. Lufthansa movies consists of a range of movies which are regularly updated and are available in a wide range of languages. The collection contains the latest movies in different genres.
Lufthansa TV has a range of TV shows which are the latest and most popular. From comedy to documentaries, Lufthansa TV has shows of every genre.
Lufthansa Airlines Booking Procedure
Now that you know about the key features of services provided by Lufthansa Airlines, you must have made up your mind to some extent to travel with this airline.
We would also like to inform you that the booking process of Lufthansa Airlines is very convenient and hassle-free. You have the option to make the bookings online with just a few clicks from the comfort of your home, without having to go anywhere. So whether you are at home, or at the office, or you are out anywhere, you can make your travel booking, any time of the day and on any day!
Here is the complete guide to book your flight tickets on Lufthansa Airlines:
- To start with the process of Lufthansa booking, visit the official website of the airline on any web browser. You can visit the official site of the airline on https://www.lufthansa.com.
- As you open the website, you will see the landing page in front of you.
- On the homepage, you will have to locate the option which says ‘book flight’
- As you click on that option, you will have to mention the name of the place you will be departing from and your travel destination.
- You are then required to click on continue and the flight results will be displayed in front of you.
- Browse through the flight options and choose the flight with which you want to travel.
- As you select your flight, you will be required to provide more details like the number of passengers, age of passengers etc.
- After you are done providing all the details, you will see the ticket fare being displayed.
- You are then required to pay the fare and confirm your reservation.
- As you are done with the payment, you will be receiving a confirmation email on the email address you provided. The email will contain the details of your travel itinerary and your flight tickets.
It’s absolutely easy and convenient to book flights via the website of Lufthansa Airlines. If you come across any issues while booking flights via the website of the airline, then you can contact the Lufthansa Airlines customer service to get your problem resolved.
Manage your bookings at Lufthansa Airlines
If you have made a Lufthansa Airlines reservation and added some services, but you now want to make some alterations, then you don’t have to worry about that being a complex process. Managing bookings at Lufthansa Airlines is a very simple process which does not require the customers to go through some complicated procedures.
You can manage your bookings at Lufthansa Airlines by following these steps:
- The first step is to visit the official website of the airline.
- The homepage will open in front of you.
- On the homepage, you are required to find the Menu option which you will see at the top right corner of the page.
- As you click on the menu, the drop down will display certain options, one of them being ‘Book and manage’.
- You have to click on the ‘Book and Manage’ option.
- After you click on it, you can make whatever alterations you want to in your flight booking.
Lufthansa Airlines Baggage policy
Lufthansa Airlines has a very liberal baggage policy which allows passengers to carry sufficient luggage with themselves easily. Let us know the key features of Lufthansa Airlines baggage policy:
- For the travellers travelling in first class or business class, they are allowed to carry two handbags with themselves, the weight of which must not be more than 8 kg.
- For those travelling in any other class, except the first class, two check-in bags can be carried that weigh more than 32 kg.
- For those travelling in first class, three check-in bags can be carried that weigh more than 32 kg.
- Free checked baggage allowance begins from 23kg and increases with the seat classes.
- The dimensions of the bags must not exceed 158 cm (width + height + depth).
- The free baggage allowance also extends to items like sports equipment, passengers travelling with children and passengers having certain memberships.
- In case, the travellers have additional baggage or the weight of the baggage exceeds the specified limit, then they will have to pay some additional charge sheet which depends on how much excess baggage they have and how much extra weight they are carrying.
Check-in methods at Lufthansa Airlines
There are two methods to check in at Lufthansa Airlines. You can check-in at Lufthansa Airlines with whatever method you find more convenient. Both the methods have been explained in detail below:
- Online check-in: Travellers have the option to check-in for their Lufthansa Booking online through the online check in page of the website. All you have to do is click on the Lufthansa logo and enter your flight details on the next page to check-in. Lufthansa check-in page is accessible 23 hours before the scheduled departure of the flight.
- Airport check-in: Travellers have the alternative to check in via airport as well. Those who do not want to check in online, can check in at the airport. At the airport, the travellers can either check in by visiting the Lufthansa check in desks or by using the self check in machines available at the airport. Travellers need to make sure that if they are checking in at the airport, you need to arrive at least 2 hours before the departure time of the flight in case of domestic flights and 3 hours before the departure time of the flight in case of international flights, so that you have plenty of time to check-in.
Lufthansa Meals and Drinks
The airline provides a variety of delicious meals and refreshing beverages to its customers to keep their food cravings satiated while they are onboard. Depending on the destination you are travelling to, the airline provides complimentary meals and snacks to its passengers. If you are eager to view the menu, then you can do so, but for that you will have to be a member of First, Business and Premium Economy class. Members of these classes can view the menu for their flights before departing.
All they have to do is enter the flight number, flight class and date on the Lufthansa website and they will see a separate section displaying the food menu for their flight.
Also, it depends on the length of the route of the flight that which meal, beverage or snack you will receive.
Lufthansa Airlines also has special provision for those who have special dietary requirements. If you are someone who has some special dietary requirements like meals for vegetarians, diabetics etc., then you can order your meal as per your requirements up to 24 hours before the scheduled departure of the flight. The best part is that you can order the meal as per your special requirements with no extra cost!
Here are the details of the special meals which are available for ordering on Lufthansa Airlines:
- Vegetarian or whole food includes Vegan Meal
Vegetarian-Asian (Indian) meal
Vegetarian (lacto-ovo) meal
Light whole food meal
- Children’s Meals include
- Dietary Meals include
- Religious Meals include
Hindu Meal (non vegetarian)
Lufthansa Airlines customer service
Travellers are free to reach out to the customer support in case of any doubt or queries or if they encounter any problem while making a booking or managing their bookings. The customer support team is available for assistance round the clock. You can dial the ‘Lufthansa customer service number anytime, whenever you require assistance.
You can reach out for support on the following numbers:
Customer service: 1 (800) 645-3880
Technical support: 1 (866) 953-2294
New Airline route by Lufthansa in 2023
Lufthansa is launching a new route from Frankfurt to Belfast City. This will be the only nonstop service between Germany and Northern Ireland and will commence from April 2023.
The route will use a two-class Embraer aircraft and will be operated four times in a week. Not only this, the airline is also ready to resume between Frankfurt and Gatwick for summer 2023. This will complete the airline’s current services from the German financial hub to Heathrow and London City.
FAQs About Lufthansa Booking online
Ans. Making reservations through the official website of the airline is a very simple and straightforward process. Here is how can make Lufthansa booking online:
✈ Open the official website. On the homepage, you will have to locate the option which says ‘book flight’ and click on it.
✈ Enter the name of the cities in the from and to section.
✈ Click on continue and the flight results will be displayed in front of you.
✈ Browse through the flight options and choose the flight with which you want to travel, and provide more details like the number of passengers, age of passengers etc.
✈ You are then required to pay the fare and confirm your reservation.
✈ You will receive the confirmation email which will contain the details of your travel itinerary and your flight tickets.
Ans. Yes, the process to book flights on Lufthansa is very easy. You can make reservations online by following the on-screen instructions. You also have the option to customise your booking requirements. If you come across any problem or you find anything which you are not able to understand, then you can reach out to the customer support team which will be happy to help you with your bookings.
Ans. Yes, Lufthansa allows you to book multi-city flights. When you search for Lufthansa flights via alternative airlines, you can use the multi-city search tool of the airline to plan your multi city trip and choose Lufthansa as your preferred airline. Remember that the multi-city airlines of Lufthansa are generally between European cities or countries.
Ans. Yes, you can very easily manage your flight bookings on Lufthansa Airlines. Here is how you can do it:
✈ Open the official website of the airline and on the homepage, locate the Menu option which you will see at the top right corner of the page.
✈ As you click on the menu, the drop down will display certain options, one of them being ‘Book and manage’.
✈ Click on the ‘Book and Manage’ option and make whatever alterations you want to in your flight booking.
Ans. No, pay when you fly is a facility which is not available for use to all customers. Pay when you fly is a payment method which the airline only offers to its corporate customers. It is not available as a payment method at alternative airlines. However, the airline offers certain buy now pay later options but those are completely different.
Pay when you fly is a facility which allows you to pay in instalments overtime. It enables you to secure your flight now and pay back at a later date.
Ans. Lufthansa Airlines already offer flight tickets at very reasonable prices but it has been observed that the flights are the cheapest in the month of February. So if you are planning to go somewhere and can be flexible with the dates, then it is recommended to book tickets in February, as you will be able to avail the benefit of low prices.
Ans. Lufthansa Airlines provides you two choices for checking in. You can either check-in online, or you can check in at the airport.
✈ Online check-in: Travellers can check online through the online check in page of the website. Click on the Lufthansa logo and enter your flight details on the next page to check-in.
✈ Lufthansa check-in page is accessible 23 hours before the scheduled departure of the flight.
✈ Airport check-in: At the airport, the travellers can either check in by visiting the Lufthansa check in desks or by using the self check in machines available at the airport.
Ans. Lufthansa FlyNet is a facility through which the travellers can have uninterrupted access to the internet. Here are the charges that the travellers are required to pay to avail internet facility:
✈ €9 EUR/$10 USD for one hour
✈ €14 EUR/$15.50 USD for four hours
✈ €17 EUR/$19 USD for the whole flight
Depending on their requirement, the travellers can choose any option.
Ans. Including all its subsidiaries, Lufthansa is the largest airline in the world with more than 620 aircrafts. It carries more than 103 million passengers on a yearly basis. The airline provides its services to 18 domestic destinations and 197 international destinations in 78 countries across Africa, America, Asia, and Europe, by using a fleet of over 280 aircrafts.
Ans. Lufthansa Airlines has 4 different seat classes, First Class, Business Class, Premium Economy and Economy. First Class and Business Class seats have seats that can fully recline and can be converted into a flatbed. These seats are inclusive of laptop power outlets and entertainment facilities.
What makes first class even better is that, the passengers of first class get on demand meals, have access to special check-in counters and get some more special facilities.
If you want to have more leg space than what is available in economy class, then you can make a reservation in Premium Economy class. The Premium Economy class seats are 3 inches wider and have a larger armrest separating seats.
Ans. Travellers travelling from the beginning have a very luxurious flying experience.
✈ Here are the onboard facilities that first class travellers get:
✈ Comfort on board First Class
✈ Delicious meals and amazing beverages
✈ First Class fleet
✈ Entertainment facilities
Here are the airport facilities that the first class travellers get:
✈ First Class Terminal
✈ First Class Lounges
✈ Personal assistant
✈ Limousine service
✈ Valet parking service
Ans. You can cancel a flight through the official website of the airline or by reaching out to the customer support team of the airline.
✈ If you cancel within 24 hours of the booking, then you will not have to pay any cancellation charges. You will be able to cancel for free.
✈ If you cancel after 24 hours of the booking, then you will have to pay cancellation charges which will depend on your travel class and your destination.
✈ To have more information about this, you can dial Lufthansa cancellation phone number 516-296-9650 or +1-860-590-8822.
Ans. If you are planning to make reservations for unaccompanied minors, then you need to check out the Lufthansa Airlines unaccompanied minors policy. Here are the key features of the Lufthansa Airlines unaccompanied minors policy, which you need to keep in mind:
✈ Minors travelling in Lufthansa Airlines must have adults with them.
✈ Minors are not permitted to travel alone.
✈ Kids between 5 to 12 years of age need adults to travel with them.
✈ Kids who are above 17 years old don’t need an adult flying in Lufthansa.
Ans. If you are planning to travel with your pets onboard in Lufthansa Airlines, then you need to be aware of the ‘Lufthansa Airlines pet policy. Here are the key points of Lufthansa Airlines pet policy:
✈ The age of the pet must be between 12 to 16 weeks.
✈ It is compulsory for you to submit the medical documents of the pet.
✈ For pet travel, you are required to pay EURO 55 to EURO 100.
✈ You should take care of the combined weight of the pet as well as the container.
✈ The comfort of the pet is absolutely necessary. You need to take complete responsibility for taking care of your pet.
Ans. When you make the payment, you will get a confirmation message on the screen with the booking number. You will also instantly receive a confirmation email on the email address you provided. The email will contain your travel itinerary and your flight tickets.
Ans. Here are the things you need to know about booking tickets online:
You can book up to 6 hours before the scheduled departure of the flight, in case of international destinations.
✈ In case you are travelling within metropolitan France and Europe, you can book up to an hour before the flight’s scheduled departure.
✈ The deadline is different for certain destinations like the deadline is Twenty-four hours to and from North Africa, three days to and from South America, other African locations, and Brazil.
Ans. The airline allows equipment like walking sticks, walkers, crutches, syringes, concentrators, oxygen tanks and ventilators.
✈ Concentrators and ventilators are subject to certain restrictions. They have to adhere to the limit of 15 cm / 45 in (height + length + width) maximum size for hand luggage.
✈ While using syringes, you are advised to exercise complete precaution and follow all safety measures. You are also required to provide the prescription for the syringes you are carrying to complete the airport security screening process.
Ans. Yes, refunds are possible if you meet the fare criteria. Refunds are allowed but under certain restrictions. Depending on the fare regulations and if any part of the ticket is utilised, the refund value will be calculated and the amount to be refunded will be paid through the original mode of payment.
When you receive the email after booking your ticket, you can check for the phrase ‘Fare conditions’ to see whether your ticket is refundable or not and if it is refundable, then under what circumstances.
Ans. To get in touch with the customer support team of the airline, you can give a call on 1 860 590 8822. As you call on this number, your call will be directed to a customer support representative who will talk to you and will help in resolving whatever issues you are facing or whatever doubts you might have about any of the policies of the airline.