Qantas is one of the most preferred airlines by people who plan to travel by air. Because of its flexible policies and the utmost convenience that the airline offers through its services, the airline has earned the trust of people over time since its establishment.
If you are also planning to travel by air in the near future and are considering to travel by Qantas Airlines, then this article will be of immense use to you as in this article, we are going to discuss all about ‘Qantas booking process and ‘Qantas manage booking process.
So without any further delay, let’s start getting acquainted with the ‘Qantas booking process and ‘Qantas manage booking process.
Qantas Flight Booking Process
If you are interested to make ‘Qantas reservations, then you need to follow the procedure which has been mentioned below:
- First step is to visit the official website of the airline on the web browser of your choice on your device.
- Then you have to go to the option which says My Trip.
- After clicking on the option My Trip, you have to select the dates of your travel. While selecting dates, if you want to be flexible with your dates, you will see the lowest price indicator in blue highlighting the dates with the cheapest fare. The ribbon icon that is located next to the price indicates that a Classic Flight Reward seat is available on at least one flight for that date.
Remember that this calendar will not be displayed, if you don’t choose to be flexible with dates in your search.
- After selecting the fare, on the next screen, you will see a list of available flights for the lowest one way or return price per fare type. As you click to choose the fare, the box will expand to show information about the fare comparison. You can very easily check the differences between fare types.
If you are a frequent flyer, then you can also check the box which says view in points to change the fare display from a cash amount to Qantas Points.
- After you are done selecting the flight and fare, you have to choose the option which says “Add to Cart”. Adding to cart confirms your selection and will take you to the next screen.
- Once you have chosen your flight, you will see the details listed under the panel which says ‘Your Trip’ on top of the page as well as in the cart. The cart will also display your baggage allowance that is included. If you are a frequent flyer of Qantas Airlines, then you will see an additional baggage allowance on the basis of your Qantas Frequent Flyer tier level.
- If you want to choose a different flight, then you are required to click on the option which says ‘Show all flights’. After clicking on this option, you can make changes to your trip.
- If you are a frequent Qantas flyer who has enough Qantas points, then you can choose to pay for your flight with a mix of points and cash. All you have to do is move to the Points Plus Pay slider to decide how many points you want to use.
- You can view the complete fare conditions and also access and read the conditions of carriage before accepting both of these by selecting the acknowledgement checkbox which is located at the bottom of the page.
- Next you will see the passenger page being displayed in front of you where you have to enter the details of all the passengers including the frequent flyer numbers. You are also required to fill in the contact details along with the email address where you will be sent your travel itinerary and e-ticket receipt.
- In case you want to purchase additional baggage, then you can do so with your Qantas operated flight. In order to add additional baggage to your travel itinerary, you have to select the option which says ‘Add Bags’ within the baggage panel on the passenger page.
- Clicking on ‘Add Bags’ will open a full page window where you can choose to pay for baggage either in cash or Qantas points. You can use the selection arrows to add or remove the additional baggage.
- Once your baggage selection has been confirmed, your booking will be updated and your selection will appear in the baggage panel as well as on the shopping cart on the passenger page.
- Next you will see your trip summary which will show you a breakdown of your flight details and cost before you proceed to make the final payment.
- If you want to have travel insurance, then you can choose from a range of policies offered by QBE Insurance Limited. Frequent flyers also have the option to purchase policies with their Qantas points while making Qantas flight booking.
- Next, the payment options available for your booking will be displayed. You can choose your payment method and enter the details to complete your booking.
- After you are done with the payment, you will see a confirmation page which will show the next steps to prepare you for the take-off.
Qantas Manage Booking
Qantas manage booking process is a very simple one which makes sure that the travellers can make changes to their travel itinerary without any hassle. Through Qantas manage my booking option, you can make changes to your flight to ensure utmost convenience. This option allows you to update your personal details, make changes, redeem flight credit etc.
All you need to do is follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the official website on the browser of your choice on your device.
- After that, you need to log in with your credentials.
- After logging in, you have to locate a tab which says ‘Manage Booking’.
- As you click on that tab, you will see all the details of your travel itinerary displayed on your screen.
- You can make whatever changes you want to. If you make any changes which cause a change in the flight fare, then you will be required to pay for those changes.
Remember that, in case you have booked your flight through a travel agency or a third party website, then you will have to contact these companies directly for assistance. For the most up-to-date information about your flights, you can check your booking or flight status.
We have reached the end of this article. We tried our best to explain everything with absolute clarity. To have information about topics like Qantas flight change, Qantas flight cancellation, you can visit the website. If there is anything that you cannot understand even after going through the website, then you can dial the customer support number. The customer support team will understand all your doubts and queries and will help you in resolving your issues. They will also guide you through the entire booking process or manage the booking process, if you are encountering some issues while doing those.
Different Classes of Qantas Airways Flight Booking
In contrast to other economy class cabins, Qantas’ Economy Class offers extra legroom.
Qantas Airways flight booking provides customers with a comfortable journey thanks to its ergonomically built seats. Each seat has lumbar and foot support to ensure that guests are comfortable throughout the flight. Passengers can also choose from a variety of movies and television shows, as well as music and games.
- A television with a personal touch screen.
- Onboard entertainment is available.
- Snacks/meals are served with a variety of beverages.
Premium Economy Class
Priority check-in at dedicated check-in desks and priority access to a dedicated boarding lane is available to Premium Economy Class travellers. The seats in the Premium Economy Class cabin were designed by Marc Newson and manufactured by Recaro, and they offer better comfort with height and footrest adjustments. Hundreds of entertainment options, including movies, television shows, interactive games, and radio stations, are available at each seat with Qantas Flight Booking. Passengers can also select an amenity kit, which includes eyeglasses, a toothbrush, and socks, to enhance their comfort.
Qantas offers a Chauffeur Drive service that picks up and drops off Business Class passengers at the airport. Inside the Business Class cabin, Skybed technology seats with an adjustable reclining seat that can be turned into a 2-meter bed and a massage option provide extra relaxation. Passengers will be accompanied by a 12-inch screen that will provide interactive entertainment such as television shows, movies, destination maps, and games throughout the flight.
From the departure lounge to the moment of arrival at the passenger’s destination, Qantas’ First Class service provides the ultimate in comfort. Passengers will be pampered with a completely reclining seat, as well as a cosy duvet and pillow made of high-quality sheep’s skin, during the journey. Qantas ensures that its passengers are entertained during the journey with over 1,500 interactive entertainment options. If guests need to charge their smartphone or laptop, the First Class suites are also equipped with a 110-volt electrical connection.
How much Baggage is Qualified with Qantas Airways Flight Booking
- On Economy Class flights, the airline will allow you to bring one piece of carry-on luggage.
- For all international flights on Qantas Airlines, you are permitted to travel with two onboard bags in Premium Economy, Business, and First Class.
- The amount of luggage you can bring on a Qantas Airlines aircraft varies from flight to flight and is determined by a variety of criteria.
- On Economy and Premium Economy class flight reservations, you can check two bags up to a certain weight restriction.
- You can travel with three checked baggage on Business and First Class flights, according to the established limits.
Qantas Airways Book Flight: Baggage Information
- For First Class travellers on Qantas, the free baggage allowance is 50 kilos.
- Business/Premium Economy Class travellers on Qantas, the free luggage allowance is 40 kilos.
- The free luggage allowance for Economy Class travellers on Qantas is 30 kilogrammes.
- First/Business/Premium Economy Class, hand luggage shall not exceed 14 kilogrammes.
- Hand luggage in Economy Class should not weigh more than 7 kilograms.
Important Minor, Pregnant and Disabled Passenger Policy of Qantas Airways Booking
Infant Passenger Policy – (0-2 Years Old)
- Infants under the age of seven days are not permitted to board as per Qantas Airways Book Flight policy. If the newborn requires travel, the infant’s parents must complete and deliver a Clearance Form and Medical Form to Qantas prior to making a reservation.
- Passengers on domestic flights with an infant are permitted to carry their child on their lap and hence are not obliged to purchase a ticket for the child.
- Infants in a bassinet or other special baby seat should purchase a ticket and select the preferred sitting location.
- Infants who buy a ticket have the same baggage allowance as adults, which can be used to transport strollers, bassinets, and car seats.
- Baby meals can be ordered by infants who purchase a ticket.
- Formula milk, breast milk, mineral water, juice, liquid food, and disposable wipes, as well as solid and powdered food, are permitted in the cabin.
Child Passenger Policy – (2-12 Years Old)
- Unless they are travelling alone, children aged 2 to 18 have the same privileges as adult travellers.
- Qantas permits children aged 5 to 11 to fly alone with specific permission.
- Unaccompanied Minors, which also includes children sitting in a different cabin with their parents, will be considered.
- Qantas offers Unaccompanied Child services, which provide guidance and supervision throughout the flight at an additional cost. These services must be requested by the parents or guardians.
- Children over the age of 11 may travel alone, but their names will be classified as Young passengers.
- When young passengers do not require particular supervision or assistance while travelling, they must be identified in the event of a delay or disturbance.
- Children who need to carry medication must have a doctor’s prescription and be able to administer the medicine on their own.
Pregnant Passenger Policy
- Passengers who are 28 weeks or more pregnant should carry a medical recommendation from a doctor or midwife detailing the projected birth date, pregnancy condition, and whether the pregnancy is single or multiple pregnancies.
- Passengers with no difficulties in their pregnancy and pregnancy of no more than 40 weeks or 36 weeks may be allowed on flights lasting more than 4 hours. Passengers with pregnancy difficulties are only permitted on flights of four hours or fewer, with a pregnancy of no more than 36 or 32 weeks. Passengers who are pregnant or have particular difficulties should have medical clearance from a health facility.
Disabled Passenger Policy
- Passengers with disabilities are permitted to bring along support gadgets and mobility aids such as the following:
- Assistance devices are any gadgets that assist passengers with impairments in walking, seeing, hearing, talking, breathing, or doing their handicapped activities.
- Passengers with impairments are permitted to travel with assistance dogs of a specific size.
- Passengers with any form of special needs must be registered.
- During the trip, passengers with disabilities must fill out clearance documents detailing their condition and special needs.
Book Qantas Airways Flights for Group Travel
Any traveller, corporate, travel agency, or individual can request a Qantas flight group fare by calling the Flyinguidelines Group Desk. Within a minute, a group booking expert will contact you on the same trail.
We are as concerned about your reservations as you are, which is why we provide the best phone and live chat assistance, as well as a dedicated ticketing support centre that is available 24 hours a day for your service.
New Airline route by Qantas Airlines in 2023
Qantas Airlines is going to launch non-stop flights between Auckland and New York JFK. The airline will start operating on this route from June 2023. For a start, the new route will be operating thrice in a week using B787 Dreamliner aircraft.
This new route will be a part of an improved Sydney – New York service which would have been on a pause for about three years by the time it resumes. Previously, the route had been routed via Honolulu, but it will now stop in Auckland before continuing on a nonstop, 16 hour long flight to New York.