One thing that every traveller wants from an airline is good customer service. No one likes to get stuck in between something and not be able to come out of it. Therefore, the airlines today make sure that they provide good customer support service to their customers so that no matter whatever they do, whether it is booking, cancelling or rebooking, they don’t have to get in trouble and face difficulties all by themselves. The airlines are also making sure that their customer support service is available round the clock, so that irrespective of the time, travellers can get instant assistance.
Air Canada is one of those airlines which is providing a remarkable customer service to its travellers. The airline’s customer service has every element that a customer can want in a good customer service of an airline.
Let us see in detail the features of Air Canada Customer Service.
How to get in touch with Air Canada?
Air Canada provides several mediums to its customers to get in touch with them. Customers can choose whichever medium they like depending on their preferences. The mediums to get in contact with Air Canada are as follows:
- Contact through dialling the number
- Contact via live chat
- Contact through email
- Contact through social media
Contacting Air Canada through dialling the toll-free number
This is probably the easiest and the most common way to get in touch with the airline. To get in touch with the airline via call, you can dial the numbers 1-800-998-6716 or +1 (802) 200 9500. The phone call option is not only the easiest one but it is also the safest option to get in touch with the airline because the phone calls are recorded for verification and inspection.
To get in touch with the airline through the Air Canada customer service, you have to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Dial the Air Canada Customer Service number.
- Select your language to get in touch with the Air Canada Customer Support representative.
- After this, you will be hearing some IVR instructions. You have to carefully listen to them and follow them. The IVR instructions are as follows:
• Press 1 to know the flight status.
• Press 2 to manage the booking
• Press 3 to claim baggage
• Press 4 to get connected to the airline customer support executive
• Press # to cut the call
Press any digit for a query related problem and get it resolved with Air Canada.
- After pressing the required button, you need to wait for around 3-7 minutes to get connected to the Air Canada customer service representative.
- At last, your call will be connected to an Air Canada Customer Support representative. You can talk to him and let him know what problem you are facing. The Air Canada customer service representative will look into the matter and will provide you the appropriate solution.
Here are the contact numbers of Air Canada for different requirements:
|Call centre number for Canada and US which is available till free 24/7||1-888-247-2262|
|Automated flight information system number||1-888-422-7533|
|Flight status notification through SMS||66222|
|Central Baggage Office number||1 888 689-BAGS (2247)/ 1-888-247-2247|
|Aeroplan Frequent flyer programme||1-800-361-5373/0800 756 3865/1-514-395-0300|
|Air Canada Vacations||1 833-752-2210|
|Air Canada Travel Insurance||1-800-387-2487/ 011-800-514-1890|
|Air Canada gift cards||1-855-281-1761|
|Medical Assistance Desk||1-514-369-7039/1-800-667-4732|
|Air Canada Cargo Services||1-800-387-4865|
|Air Canada Pet Transport||1-800-387-4865|
|Air Canada Headquarters||+151-442-25000|
Contacting Air Canada customer service through live chat
If due to some reason, you are not able to contact the live person at Air Canada through the phone number or you want to avoid talking to the live person, then you can go for the option of live chat. To get in touch with the Air Canada customer service through live chat, you can go through the following steps:
- Visit the official website of the airline.
- Find the contact us option and click on it.
- After clicking on this option, the page will display the chat us box. You need to tap on it.
- After this, you need to enter the details and start chatting regarding the problem you have with the airline’s customer support executive.
If you need immediate assistance or need to talk about something in detail, then this might not be the most appropriate option. In such a case, calling the airline is a suitable option because you can explain everything with more clarity on call.
Contacting Air Canada through email
Travellers have the option to contact Air Canada Customer service through email as well. This is again a great option for those who do not want to talk to the live representative on call. This is the best option to contact the airline when you want to give feedback or make a complaint. Immediate response is not guaranteed in this medium of contact. Whenever the customer support executive sees the email, he will respond to you.
Here is the process to get in touch with the Air Canada customer service email:
- Visit the official website of the airline on your web browser.
- Find the contact us tab and click on it.
- After clicking on this option you will see the mail us option. You have to click on it.
- You will see the mail box opening. You can mention your issue and your official email address and finally send it to the airline customer executive.
This is again not a suitable option to get prompt response from the airline’s customer support executive. If there’s anything urgent you need to talk about, then you might prefer calling the airline.
Air Canada customer service through social media accounts
Another way to get in touch with the customer support team of Air Canada is through the social media accounts. Air Canada has its social media accounts on all platforms. This is also one of the easiest ways to approach Air Canada customer support but not a very prompt one. Here are the steps you need to follow to get in touch with Air Canada customer service through their social media accounts:
- Follow the Social Media Accounts of Air Canada.
- Drop a message detailing your query.
- The customer support executive will respond to you as soon as he sees your message.
This is a good option if you want to inquire about something or want to give feedback. Again, if you need immediate assistance or there is something urgent you want to talk about, then you can contact the customer support team of the airline by calling them.
We hope that all the mediums of contact are clear to you. Depending on your needs and your convenience, you can choose any option. We would recommend calling on the phone number for Air Canada because it provides immediate assistance. The other options do not guarantee prompt response.