One most important thing that the customers expect from an airline company is good customer service. The ease with which customers are able to contact the customer support service of the airline decides how good the customer service is. Different Airlines are providing various mediums to contact the customer support service, the most common ones being contacting via the telephone number, contacting through the social media accounts, contacting through the email address and contacting through the live chat box.
Air Canada is also one of the airlines which makes sure that it is easy for its customers to reach out to them. The airline has provided multiple methods of contact to its customers so that they can get in touch with them through the method which they find most convenient. All the methods of getting in contact with Air Canada customer service are very easy and do not involve anything complex.
In this article we will be discussing all the methods of getting in contact with the customer support team of the airline. If you want to get in touch with the customer support team of Air Canada then you can go through all the methods which have been mentioned in the sections below and decide which method you are going to choose to connect to the customer support of the airline.
So let’s read ahead and know in detail about the methods of getting in contact with the Air Canada customer service.
Methods to get in touch with Air Canada
Air Canada provides several mediums to its customers to get in touch with them. Customers can choose whichever medium they like depending on their preferences. The mediums to get in contact with Air Canada are as follows:
- Contact through dialling the number
- Contact via live chat
- Contact through email
- Contact through social media
Contacting Air Canada through dialling the toll-free number
The fastest way to get in contact with Air Canada Customer Support is to dial the Air Canada customer service number. You need to dial +1-805-327-6858 or +1(802)200-9500 (USA, Canada) if you want to have reservation or flight info. You can also give a call on 1 888 689-BAGS (2247) (USA, Canada) in case you lost your baggage.
Getting in contact with Air Canada Customer Support by calling the Air Canada service number is the best way because first of all the calls get recorded for verification and safety purposes. Secondly, you get immediate assistance from the customer support team of the airline. Here is the process you need to follow when you dial the Air Canada phone number:
To get in touch with the airline through the Air Canada customer service, you have to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Dial the Air Canada phone number
- Choose your preferred language to connect with the customer support representative.
- Listen to the IVR instructions carefully and follow them.
- Select your query from the options available and press the key.
- Wait for about 3-7 minutes while your call is being directed to the Air Canada customer support executive.
- You will be connected to the customer support representative. You can talk to him and explain to him in detail the problem you are facing.
The IVR instructions you have to follow are:
- Press 1 to know the flight status.
- Press 2 to manage the booking
- Press 3 to claim baggage
- Press 4 to get connected to the airline customer support executive
- Press # to cut the call
Press any digit for a query related problem and get it resolved with Air Canada.
- After pressing the required button, you need to wait for around 3-7 minutes to get connected to the Air Canada customer service representative.
- At last, your call will be connected to an Air Canada Customer Support representative. You can talk to him and let him know what problem you are facing. The Air Canada customer service representative will look into the matter and will provide you the appropriate solution.
Here are the contact numbers of Air Canada for different requirements:
|Call centre number for Canada and US which is available till free 24/7
|Automated flight information system number
|Flight status notification through SMS
|Central Baggage Office number
|1 888 689-BAGS (2247)/ 1-888-247-2247
|Aeroplan Frequent flyer programme
|1-800-361-5373/0800 756 3865/1-514-395-0300
|Air Canada Vacations
|Air Canada Travel Insurance
|Air Canada gift cards
|Medical Assistance Desk
|Air Canada Cargo Services
|Air Canada Pet Transport
|Air Canada Headquarters
Contacting Air Canada customer service through live chat
If you do not want to get in contact with the Air Canada Customer Service by calling the Air Canada Customer Service number then you also have the alternative of getting in touch with the customer support team through the live chat. The process of contracting the Air Canada Customer Service through the live chat is also a very convenient option but it is not as prompt as the calling option. Here are the steps you have to follow to contact the customer service of Air Canada through live chat:
- Go to the official website of Air Canada
- Find the contact us option and click on it
- After you click on it, you will see the chat to us tab. You have to click on it.
- Now, you will have to enter the details and start chatting with the live person available. You can describe your query in detail and get assistance in the chat box itself.
If you need immediate assistance or need to talk about something in detail, then this might not be the most appropriate option. In such a case, calling the airline is a suitable option because you can explain everything with more clarity on call.
Contacting Air Canada through email
Email is another option to get in contact with the Air Canada Customer Service. All you have to do is type out an email and send it to the official email address of Air Canada. In the email you can write your query or explain your problem in detail and the customer support representative will revert to you as soon as possible with the appropriate solution. Again here we would like to mention that this is also not a very good option if you need prompt response. If we talk about time, then you can expect to hear back from the Air Canada customer support within 30 days, if you are reaching out to the airline through the email.
Here is the process to get in touch with the Air Canada customer service email:
- Visit the official website of the airline on your web browser.
- Find the contact us tab and click on it.
- After clicking on this option you will see the mail us option. You have to click on it.
- You will see the mail box opening. You can mention your issue and your official email address and finally send it to the airline customer executive.
This is again not a suitable option to get prompt response from the airline’s customer support executive. If there’s anything urgent you need to talk about, then you might prefer calling the airline.
Air Canada customer service through social media accounts
The official social media accounts of Air Canada are another medium through which you can get in touch with the Air Canada Customer Service. Air Canada has its official account on all the social media platforms. You need to follow the social media accounts and drop a message explaining your query in detail. Whenever the customer support representative sees the message, you will receive the response from him.
- Air Canada Facebook Account: https://www.facebook.com/aircanada/
- Air Canada Instagram Account:
- Air Canada YouTube channel:
- Air Canada Twitter Account:
- Air Canada LinkedIn Page:
You can choose any social media platform to get in touch with the customer support team of Air Canada.
Here we would like to mention that this is an option in which it is not guaranteed that within how much time period you will get a response. So if there is anything urgent you need to talk about then getting in touch with the Air Canada Customer Service through social media is not a very good option.
You can get in touch with the Air Canada Customer Service through any of the above mentioned options. You can contact the customer service of Air Canada to talk about your queries or talk about anything which is not clear to you. If you are not satisfied with any of the services then you can also contact the customer support and give feedback or file a complaint.
This was all about the methods to contact Air Canada Customer Support. We hope that all the methods of contact are absolutely clear to you. We would like to advise you that if you need immediate assistance, then the best option is to give a call on the customer support number. Other options of contact are also good but you cannot expect to receive immediate response from those options. If you want to give feedback, then you can email them your experience. E-mail is the best option for such things. Reaching out through social media accounts is also a good option to give feedback.
For more information about anything you can visit the official website of the airline.