The Virgin Atlantic flight change policy is one of the best features of the airline which makes the airline desirable among many people.
Making changes to your travel plans, especially at the last moment can be a real trouble for travellers but not in the case when they are travelling with Virgin Atlantic. Virgin Atlantic is one of the most popular and customer friendly airlines which formulates its policies and procedures keeping in mind the convenience of the customers.
If you have this question in mind that “can I change my Virgin Atlantic flight?” The answer is definitely yes.
Virgin Atlantic Flight Change Policy
If you are travelling with Virgin Atlantic, you don’t have to worry about changing your travel plans being a problem because Virgin Atlantic makes sure that if the customers find themselves in unprecedented situations, then they can alter their travel plans with utmost convenience. Virgin Atlantic flight change policy is a very adjustable policy which makes it simple to make changes to the flight arrangements.
Here are the key features of Virgin Atlantic Flight Change Policy which you must be aware of, if you are planning to make some changes to your travel itinerary:
- Virgin Atlantic does not permit making any alterations in the travel itinerary if the initial departure time is less than 1 hour.
- In case you have planned an international or domestic trip with Virgin Atlantic, you are allowed to make adjustments within 24 hours beginning from the original booking time. In this case, the tourist has to pay a flight change charge of $25.
- In case a visitor comes across any discrepancy in their pre planned travel itinerary, then they are allowed to make changes without having to pay any administrative fees.
- Even if you want to switch your ticket with somebody else, the airline will enable you to change your name once and you may also rearrange your journey to a new destination.
- If you want to avoid paying additional charges, then you need to make any required changes to your current flight at least three weeks ahead of the scheduled departure of your flight.
You thoroughly need to keep in mind these features of the Virgin Atlantic flight change policy in order to avoid any inconveniences at the time of changing flight.
Virgin Atlantic Flight Change Process
Virgin Atlantic has come up with both the online as well as offline methods of changing flight. Both the processes of changing flight have been devised keeping in mind the ease and convenience of the travellers. We will discuss both the online as well as offline methods in detail.
Virgin Atlantic online flight change process
The online flight change process enables people to make changes to their travel itinerary from wherever they are by just a few clicks in very less time. This saves them from the hassle of going to the airport and getting the changes done. Here are the steps to make changes online to your flight:
- Go to the official website of Virgin Atlantic www.virginatlantic.com.
- After you open the website, go to the menu.
- From the menu, you have to select the “My Bookings” option. Here you will have to enter the booking reference number and the surname of the passenger.
- After you give the necessary details, the travel itinerary of the passenger will be opened.
- After the ticket is shown on the system, you can make whatever adjustments you want to make to the reservation.
- Then, you have to checkout and pay the necessary Virgin Atlantic change fee or price differences if any.
- Before you close the website, make sure to double check the updated flight reservation details. Remember that after making all the changes and completing the process, you will also be receiving a verification email or phone call.
You can do the same process from the mobile application as well. You just have to download the mobile application, log in with your credentials and go through the same steps which one needs to go through while making changes through the website.
Virgin Atlantic offline flight change process
If you want to make changes to your flight offline, then you have two options:
- You can either visit the local Virgin Atlantic booking facility or
- You can contact the airline’s crew through the Virgin Atlantic flight change toll free contact number
The customer support team of the airline will give you assistance and will help you in making the required changes to your travel itinerary.
Virgin Atlantic same day flight change policy
Virgin Atlantic has a same day flight change policy. If you need to make changes on the same day of making the reservations, then you need to know the following features of the Virgin Atlantic same day flight change policy:
- Under this policy, travellers can do same day flight changes within 24 hours of making the flight reservations.
- Travellers also have the option to adjust their ticket accordingly on the actual date, based on the booking information and type.
- It is important for travellers to know that Virgin Atlantic does not accept requests for modifications or alterations to flight bookings if the scheduled journey time of the flight is less than one hour.
- The facility of same day flight change by Virgin Atlantic is not applicable to long-haul flights.
- When a traveller chooses a new flight, it should be led on the identical routes and airports as the original booking.
Virgin Atlantic flight change fee
The Virgin Atlantic flight change fee varies depending on the type of fare you have chosen for yourself. If you want to have a recommendation, then consider contacting Virgin Atlantic customer support to make a more informed and wise decision.
If the travellers make whatever changes they need to make within 24 hours of making the bookings, then they will not be liable to pay any kind of charges except the difference in the flight fares.
The rules and conditions for adjustments depend on the fare type. The charges which you will have to pay for making changes to your travel itinerary on Virgin Atlantic will vary depending on the fare you have chosen, your destination, route etc.
Can I change my return flight date Virgin Atlantic?
To modify your Virgin Atlantic flight’s return date, please follow these easy steps:
- First, access the Virgin Atlantic website or mobile app.
- You may access your account or booking details by logging in.
- Select either “Manage Booking” or “Change Flight.”
- Follow the on-screen directions to adjust your return date.
- Determine if there are any additional costs or fare changes associated with the modification.
- Confirm the new flight and make any necessary payments.
- Get a written acknowledgement of the new due date.
Policy for Date Changing a Virgin Atlantic Flight on the Same Day
According to the Virgin Atlantic Change Flight Date Policy, passengers have up to 24 hours before their scheduled departure time to request a flight change.
Depending on their booking details and ticket type, passengers could change their tickets on the day of travel.
Can I change my flight date to Virgin Atlantic? Virgin Atlantic does not permit booking changes if the new departure time is less than one hour before the original flight departure time.
The options for altering a Virgin Atlantic flight on the same day are not designed for long-haul flights.
Selecting an alternate flight requires the same starting and ending places as the original itinerary.
Date Change Fee for Virgin Atlantic Flights
Distance Travelled determines alteration to Virgin Atlantic Cost of Air Travel.
The official website needs to display the flight change fees. Travel professionals put the price at $75-$200.To see how the various ticket prices are broken down, check out the summary page. The flight date change policy summarises the Virgin Atlantic change date fee structure.
Virgin Atlantic ticket name change
Ticket name change is one of the most important and the most common things which people need to change because of different reasons. Virgin Atlanta allows travellers to alter the ticket at no extra cost. Just to prove that you are the same individual, you just have to give some supporting evidence like a marriage certificate or something. The most important thing is that the identity on your reservation and the ticket must match the information available on your passport.
To alter your name, you have to open the official website of the airline and go to the my booking option. Now you need to give the necessary information and select the booking to which you want to make changes. After selecting the booking, you need to click on the edit button and follow the on-screen instructions to make and confirm the alterations you have made to your name.