Qantas Airlines aim to provide as much flexibility to their customers as possible. In this article we are going to discuss in detail all about how you can cancel your flight, what you can do if your flight has been cancelled by the airline and other such aspects.
Qantas Airlines Cancellation Policy
If you have made Qantas booking through a travel agent or a third party website, then in order to cancel your booking, you are required to contact these parties to discuss what options you have in case you want to cancel your bookings.
In case your plans have been affected by border restrictions or a change to government travel requirements, then you need to keep in mind the following things:
- If the airline itself has cancelled the flight, then before rushing into anything and changing your bookings, wait to hear from the airline. The airline contacts anyone whose flight has been cancelled to discuss the options available which include flight credit, getting an alternative flight for the destination you had booked the previous flight or a refund. The airline sometimes rebooks you on the next available flight to your destination, if possible, that too with no additional cost to you. You will not be charged any change or cancellation fees.
- In case, you are no longer able to travel or no longer wish to travel, then under the Qantas Airlines cancellation policy, you can go for cancelling your flight yourself. When you cancel the flight on your own, a cancellation fee might be charged from you in accordance with the fare rules. You also have the option of requesting a flight credit or changing your flight, in which case, a fare difference might be applicable.
- If you have a reservation for an international flight which has been impacted because of the airline, then under the Qantas cancel international flights policy, the airline will contact you to provide you with a number of options which also includes a refund for any flights cancelled by the airline. It is advised not to take any action on your own and wait to hear from the airline for the options available to you. You are not required to do anything, and you will also not be charged any cancellation fees. You also have the option to cancel the flight on your own, but if you do so, you might be charged a cancellation fee in accordance with the fare rules.
Options for changing travel plans With Qanats Airlines
If you have made a Qantas booking, and you wish to make a change to your plans, you have the option of either changing your flight or cancelling your bookings. To change or cancel your flight, all you have to do is:
- Visit the official website on the web browser of your choice on your device.
- The next step is to log in with your credentials.
- After you log in, you will see the homepage of the website displayed in front of you.
- On the homepage, you have to locate the option which says Manage Booking.
- When you click on the option Manage Booking, you have to enter your last name and your booking reference number.
- After this, you have to move down to the flight section and make whatever changes you want to.
In case, due to some circumstances, you need to change your travel plans, and you are not sure when you would like to travel, you have the option of either cancelling your flight or request a flight credit to use whenever you want to rebook.
We would also like to inform you that if you have an existing eligible Classic Flight Reward booking, then you will be able to change your travel dates or cancel your Qantas booking for free until 31st December 2022. For more information and terms and conditions, visit the official website.
Talking about the Qantas refunds policy, the airline tries to process the refund requests as soon as possible so the no or negligible inconvenience is caused to the travellers. Currently, the processing time is approximately eight weeks. Once your refund has been processed, you will be receiving an email to confirm that the refund has been processed. You just need to be a little patient. The process takes some time, but is done in the most convenient way.
Qantas Flight Cancellation
Qantas Flight cancellation policy has been curated keeping in mind the convenience of the passengers. If Qantas cancel international flights, there must be some very genuine reason behind it. Qantas is absolutely committed to getting you to your destination on time but sometimes, some unavoidable circumstances like bad weather, natural disasters, operational issues, technical problems happen, because of which the alternative available is to cancel the flight. The airline is not at fault for flight cancellation in such cases because the safety of the passengers is the first priority.
The airline is dedicated to provide its passengers with the highest levels of customer service, which includes looking after your needs if things don’t go as planned. Depending on the circumstances, the passengers might get a refund under the Qantas refunds policy or get compensated in any other form. As per the Qantas cancel policy, if a delay or cancellation happens within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time then the airline will rebook you on the next available Qantas flight, that too without any charge. Alternatively, you are also entitled to receive a refund.
Under the Qantas refunds policy, the travellers are entitled to receive refund under the following circumstances:
- If the airline cancels the flight, and they cannot offer suitable alternative arrangements.
- If the flight has been delayed to the extent that you are compelled to cancel your travel.
- If a significant change has been made from the airline to the scheduled flight time and the airline is not able to book you to an alternative flight that suits you and is acceptable for you.
- If the airline is the reason because of which you have to miss your flight on which you had a confirmed reservation.
- If the airline due to some reason is unable to carry you on a flight in which you had a confirmed reservation.
Qantas Refund Policy
Qantas refund policy says that if you wish to claim a refund, then you will have to dial the Qantas refunds phone number. If you are entitled to receive a refund, then the refund will be equal to the fare paid if no part of the ticket has been used. If some part of the ticket has been used, then the refund will be equal to the difference between the fare paid and the fare that would have been payable if booked for the travel taken.
Qantas tries to process the refund requests as soon as possible, but sometimes, the refund requests are massive because of which it becomes difficult for the airline to process the requests soon. The current processing time is approximately eight weeks long. Once your refund has been initiated, you will receive a confirmation mail which will contain the entire details about the refund process.
We have now come to the end of the article. We hope that this article helped you in understanding topics like ‘cancellation fees Qantas, ‘Qantas change flight and ‘Qantas cancellation policy. If you want to have more details about any of these topics then you can visit the official website of the airline, or you can also contact their customer support team to clear all your doubts and queries. The customer support team will listen to all your problems and will help you in resolving them, and will also help you in clearing all the confusions which you might have in your mind regarding any of the policies of the airline.