Southwest Flight Cancellation Policy: In the age of nonstop travel, knowing the ins and outs of hassle-free cancellation has never been more important. Travelers would have more latitude with Southwest’s cancellation policy due to the ever-changing web of travel rules and personal risk factors. Let’s take a look with Flyinguidelines at how to cancel a Southwest Airlines reservations, as well as some other important points related to Southwest flight cancellation policy that every traveler should be aware of.
What Comes Under Southwest Airlines cancellation policy?
- All tickets purchased through the airline’s website will incur a non-refundable Southwest ticket cancellation fee.
- Southwest Airlines ticket cancellation fees may vary depending on the booking class, fare selected, and time of the request, among other factors outlined in the airline’s cancellation policy.
- Southwest may charge travelers a processing fee in the form of taxes and surcharges in addition to flight cancellation costs.
- Passengers can cancel their Southwest flight using the Manage Booking section of the website. Requests for cancellation will be honored in accordance with Southwest’s cancellation policy.
- According to Southwest’s cancellation policy, if an infant reservation needs to be canceled online, the complete Southwest Airlines reservation, including adults, children, and senior citizens, must be canceled at the same time. If a passenger’s flight needs to be canceled unilaterally, they should call Southwest to cancel the flight phone line.
- Southwest cancellation requests made through the Southwest customer support line must be canceled at least five hours before the scheduled departure time for domestic flights and up to eight hours before the scheduled departure time for all international flights.
- According to Southwest Airlines’ cancellation policy, travelers may cancel their flights and get a full refund if they are unable to fly due to illness or the death of a close relative.
- There may be a cost for canceling a Southwest ticket.
- Southwest Airlines cancellations would affect the initial flight ticket as well as any additional travel necessities like baggage, seat selection, and so on.
- After the 36th week of pregnancy, Southwest Airlines’ cancellation policy includes pregnancy-related cancellations. It’s possible that an airline’s cancellation fee will apply.
- According to Southwest Airlines’ cancellation policy, if one of the children becomes unwell and the remaining passengers in the booking choose to cancel a flight, the child’s medical certificate can be used to obtain a full refund, including any Southwest Airlines cancellation fees.
- If one of the adults in the booking becomes ill and the remaining passengers in the booking need to travel, the adult who fails to board the aircraft may be eligible for a full refund, including the possible Southwest Airlines cancel flight cost, if a valid doctor’s certificate is presented.
All the above are necessary points in the Southwest Airlines cancellation policy, but if you can relate your present situation with any of the above points, please contact flyinguidelines for more comprehensive information on the cancellation of Southwest flights.
Southwest 24 Hour Cancellation
Southwest’s 24-hour cancellation policy allows passengers to cancel their reservation and receive a full refund within 24 hours of making a booking, as long as the scheduled departure date is 7 days or more at the time of cancellation. There is no Southwest cancellation fee assessed within 24 hours of purchase.
The following are the terms and conditions for Southwest’s 24-hour cancellation policy —
- Southwest has a 24-hour cancellation policy that applies to reservations made on southwest.com, with the travel agent, or through the Southwest mobile app.
- If Southwest Airlines cancels a flight within 24 hours, the complimentary tickets are forfeited.
- Reservations for Southwest Airlines must be made at least 7 days in advance.
- Southwest reservation phone numbers can also be used to cancel a reservation within 24 hours.
- Flight reservations that are eligible for this service are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The Wanna Get Away fares are not eligible for Southwest’s 24-hour cancellation policy.
- Southwest cancellation costs may apply if a 24-hour cancellation request was made after the booking was made.
Southwest Cancellation Fee
The Southwest cancellation fee varies depending on the booking class, fare picked, and time of cancellation, as well as other considerations specified by the Southwest flight cancellation fee policy.
All tickets bought on the airline’s website will be subject to a non-refundable Southwest ticket cancellation fee.
What is the procedure for canceling a Southwest flight?
Southwest passengers can cancel their flights online, over the phone, or at the airport ticket counter. Let’s look at how you can cancel your flights using the three methods below:
Southwest Flight Cancellation Online
Here is a step-by-step guide to canceling your Southwest reservation online —
- Select the ‘Lookup reservation’ tab in the menu on southwest.com or the Southwest mobile app.
- To obtain the Southwest flight booking, enter the confirmation number and the passenger name in the fields provided.
- The refundable balance will be displayed next to the flight confirmation number submitted by passengers. Passengers with refundable balances have the option of receiving a Southwest ticket cancellation refund in the original manner of purchase or converting the balance into future travel money.
- To cancel the flight for all people in the booking, click ‘Cancel flight.’
- The Southwest Airlines cancellation fee varies according to the booking class, fare picked, time of cancellation request, and other factors specified by the Southwest cancellation policy.
- It may take two billing cycles for the Southwest Airlines refund to appear on the passenger’s credit card statement.
Southwest Flight Cancellation by Phone
If you have a restrictive fare, you can cancel your Southwest flight by calling Southwest Airlines help desk number or customer support. Using the phone to cancel a Southwest flight —
- Wait for the Southwest Airlines representative to connect with you. Request that your reservation is canceled using your six-digit confirmation number.
- The agent will determine whether or not your flight booking has a refundable balance. The representative will inform the passenger of the amount of money that is entitled to a refund.
- Passengers can only get a refund on the unused amount of their ticket under Southwest’s flight cancellation policy.
- Passengers with refundable balances have the option of receiving a Southwest ticket cancellation refund in the original manner of purchase or converting the balance into future travel money.
- To cancel their reservation, the passenger would have to pay a non-refundable Southwest cancellation fee.
- The refund would be paid back to the original mode of payment in 7-10 business days after the Southwest airline cancellation request is approved.
If you are still unable to connect with Southwest Airlines helpline number, please contact our representative at flyinguidelines, they will provide top-notch assistance to cancel Southwest flight ticket
At the airport, cancel your Southwest flight
Passengers can also cancel their flights at the airport where they are departing. You only need to complete the following:
- Go to the Southwest Airlines ticket cancellation counter. Passengers can cancel their Southwest flight up to 120 minutes before the scheduled departure time at the airport.
- Give the airline employee your Southwest flight confirmation and ask them to cancel your reservation.
- Examine the refundable balance associated with the portion of your flight reservation that was not used.
- Southwest cancellation fee policy only allows travelers to get a refund for the amount of the ticket that was not used.
- Southwest refunds are available at the airport in the form of travel credit, which is valid for one year from the original booking date, or cash, which will be credited back to the original mode of payment.
When Reservations with Southwest Airlines have been canceled-
In the event of a flight disruption, Southwest takes every attempt to get passengers to their destination safely and quickly. However, Southwest flights are occasionally affected, and in such cases, the airline will do everything possible to mitigate the effects and restart flying service as quickly as feasible. Here’s all you need to know about what to do if your flight is delayed –
In case of a delayed flight –If your Southwest flight is delayed, the airlines will notify you through SMS/text/email/call about the reasons for the delay and the rescheduled departure time. The passenger is advised to amend their flight information using the Manage Booking section.
In the event of a lengthier delay, the airline will provide a refreshment/meal voucher and will make every effort to find an alternate flight as soon as possible.
Missed a connecting flight – Missed a connection – Did you miss one of your connecting flights? If all of your flight segments, including the connecting flight, were booked together, the minimum connecting time would be calculated to ensure that passengers have adequate time to transfer from one aircraft to another and arrive at their ultimate destination without delay. If the traveler misses their connecting flight, Southwest Airlines has a policy of flight cancellation —
Passengers will be rebooked to their final destination by the airline. Due to the limited availability of alternate flights, rebooking Southwest flights may take some time.
Passengers would be required to rebook their flights for up to three days after the original departure date. Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy For easy cancellation process contact us
Southwest canceled my flight – Southwest Airlines had to cancel my flight – Southwest Airlines has to cancel flights on occasion. If a passenger flight is canceled, the airline will call impacted passengers to advise them of the Southwest cancelation, assuming the airlines have your accurate contact information. In the event that Southwest Airlines cancels a flight –
- Passengers have the option of changing their trip dates.
- Passengers would be rerouted as fast as possible to their final destination or a stopover, depending on availability. Passengers can view the amended flight itinerary via Manage Booking or the Southwest mobile app after the flight has been re-booked.
- If the replacement flight choice is not suitable for the passengers, they can request a Southwest flight cancellation reimbursement for the portion of the travel that was not used.
In case of overbooked flights – In the event of overbooked flights — Southwest airlines occasionally accept more passengers than the aircraft can accommodate. It’s because there’s a good chance that everyone with a valid Southwest reservation will miss the trip. This is what happens when an airline is overbooked —
- Volunteers will be sought by Southwest Airlines to transfer them to another flight.
- If there aren’t enough volunteers, Southwest Airlines will arrange another trip as soon as possible, with the same level of service as the original booking.
- If the passengers do not like the alternate flight option, they are entitled to a free cancellation from Southwest on the unused portion of the ticket, allowing them to obtain a refund.
Southwest Airlines Refund Policy
Here are some key points to remember when it comes to Southwest Airlines’ refund policy —
- To begin the refund process, any cancellation made directly with Southwest must be cancelled on the Southwest website. Passengers can also request a Southwest refund by contacting an official at our airline.
- All refunds will be processed in accordance with Southwest’s cancellation policy. If the passenger is eligible for a refund from Southwest Airlines, it will be handled within 7 business days of the cancellation request.
- The refund would be sent to the passenger indicated on the ticket or the person who booked the flight, according to Southwest’s refund policy.
- According to Southwest Airlines’ non-refundable ticket rates cancellation policy, monies from Wanna Get Away, Anytime, and Business Select fares can be used for future travel up to one year from the original date of booking, but travel must be completed before the expiration date.
- The Anytime and Business Select fares are refundable if travelers cancel their reservation at least one hour before the scheduled departure time and request a refund in the original manner of payment within seven to ten business days.
- Passengers who cancel a Southwest reservation within 24 hours via southwest.com, the Southwest mobile app, or the Southwest customer service number will receive a full refund of any fare or the option to convert it into a future travel credit that is valid for one year from the original date of booking.
- The Southwest flight refund would be applied to the portion of the ticket that was not used.
- The Southwest Wanna Get Away refund will be issued in the form of a travel credit that will be valid for one year from the original date of booking and can be used to purchase a new flight by the person specified on the ticket. Southwest may charge a cancellation fee.
Flights Paid with Gift Cards and Companion Pass Flights are exempt from Southwest’s cancellation policy.
- If you paid using a gift card, your flight is considered non-refundable, and the regulations are slightly different than if you paid with cash or points.
- If you do not use the funds from a gift card to book a flight, they will be retained as reusable travel funds with an expiration date. This is generally 12 months, however, if you paid using another method, the earliest expiration date will be utilized.
- You must call Southwest Customer Relations if you cancel your flight less than 24 hours before takeoff and pay for it entirely or partially with a Southwest gift card.
Companion Pass/Pass for a Friend
When booking a Southwest Companion Pass fare, any taxes paid are entirely refundable to the original mode of payment.